GDT: Wheeling Nailers @ Cincinnati Cyclones 7:30pm EST

IKnowPhysics

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

For whites, there with you on Hoffman's (sp?).

For regular dogs, going w/ Sahlens.  The way the skin chars up is flat out delicious.

It's not a huge difference for me.  I can get that char on Hoffman's as well.  My problem lately with SAhlen's is that they seem to shrivel up a bit too much, a bit too fast.  I grew up on SAhlen's though.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I can't get past the skin on Zweigles. Not a big fan of the flavor but ultimately it's personal opinion. 

Zweigle's need to be grilled until the entire casing is browned and crisp.  Otherwise the casing is rubbery and disgusting IMO.  As long as the casings are crisped up everywhere, Zweigle's is a solid dog.

Grew up in Buffalo.  Grew up on Sahlen's.  After trying Hoffman's this Summer I have to admit, Sahlen's is a 3rd place dog in upstate NY.  That is, assuming Zweigle's skins are fully crisped up.  A Zweigle's with undercooked casing is catfish bait though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.