GDT: Wheeling Nailers @ Cincinnati Cyclones 7:30pm EST

IKnowPhysics

4 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I'm in Cincinnati for work, and apparently it's $1 Beer Night tonight at US Bank Arena.

We have Jonas Johansson and Vasily Glotov, who else is down here?

He's not one of ours, but we've got a Zombo. I have his Don Cherry Night sweater from when he was a Walleye. Great name: Zombo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Judd Peterson, Pascal Aquin, Anthony Florentino, and Devante Stephens come to mind.

Some of us thought Florentino and Stevens had NHL potential. Yikes. Thanks to Pilut, Guhle, Borgen and obviously Dahlin, we don't have to worry about that. 

6 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I like the Cincinnati style chili down here, but let's be serious, no amount of chili and cheese is going to make these dogs hold a ***** candle to Ted's.

I want Ted's.

People get weird about their tubes of meat. Rochestarians will stay you if you speak ill of Zweigles. Personally I think they are disgusting. I'll take Sahlens all day over that nasty fat dog stuffed into skin. Gross. 

Edited by inkman

45 minutes ago, inkman said:

People get weird about their tubes of meat. Rochestarians will stay you if you speak ill of Zweigles. Personally I think they are disgusting. I'll take Sahlens all day over that nasty fat dog stuffed into skin. Gross. 

I'm right there with you.  I prefer Hofmann's over Sahlens though.  Zweigle's are shite.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Sabre Dance said:

Apparently, I've been working too hard.  When I first read the title of the thread, I didn't read "Wheeling Nailers"; my brain saw "Kneeling Whalers".  Honestly, I'm scared for my (mental) health...?

That was Bob Marley's gospel group.

5 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s funny how serious people are over hot dogs. Sahlens to me are boring. They taste ok. I’ve eaten them from the grocery store and I’ve eaten them at Ted’s. Average dog. Zweigles have the best flavor. Nothing beats a pop open on the grill. In college, we had people from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and downstate NY and some other areas do a blind taste test. Zweigles were number 1. And they won the most people with no regional attachment. Hoffman’s were second. Sahlens 3rd. Nathan’s 4th. 

32 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

It’s funny how serious people are over hot dogs. Sahlens to me are boring. They taste ok. I’ve eaten them from the grocery store and I’ve eaten them at Ted’s. Average dog. Zweigles have the best flavor. Nothing beats a pop open on the grill. In college, we had people from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and downstate NY and some other areas do a blind taste test. Zweigles were number 1. And they won the most people with no regional attachment. Hoffman’s were second. Sahlens 3rd. Nathan’s 4th. 

I can't get past the skin on Zweigles. Not a big fan of the flavor but ultimately it's personal opinion. 

20 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Chili and chili dogs are like Cincinnati's only regional ethnic food.  I feel that if they didn't already have the appropriate infrastructure, they would have killed everything in the Ohio River years ago.

Something is alive in the Ohio River??? Kinda like a tree grows in Brooklyn...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.