Shake ups in LA and Chicago??

sweetlou

Both teams are old and full of Stanley Cup champions.  Is there any players on either team that Jbotts would go after to improve depth scoring?

Possible players Sabres could offer...Reinhart, Okposo, Larsson, Girgensons, Beaulieu, Scandella, and Rodrigues.

Scandella, Larsson, and Okposo to LA for Carter, Lewis, and Muzin?

Reinhart and Beaulieu to Chicago for either Anisimov or Saad?

new line up-

Skinner- Eichel- Pommer

Saad/Anisimov- Carter- Sheary

Sobotka- Mitts- Thompson

Girgensons- Berglund- Lewis

McCabe- Risto

Muzin- Bogo

Dahlin- Nelson

Saad brings more speed and is younger but more expensive.

Anisimov is natural center and cheaper, could also be a bargaining chip to lure Panarin if we lose Skinner to free agency.

Carter great leader and center who can mentor Thompson.

22 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I wouldn't do the Chicago deal and LA would have little cap relief (okie's contract is big), no speed-gain, and would be downgrading every single position they're moving out.

Not even Muzzin? We have 3 1st round picks, I'm sure there's some young talent, or cheaper talent, that's available there. You wouldn't swap Reinhart +  for Debrincat?

18 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Under no circumstances am I doing anything that could help Chicago out in any way. They've had like a hundred outdoor games. I hope they suck for a hundred years. 

I still love the Blackhawks

JBotts loves seasoned young players with Championship pedigree...(Sheary and Wilson)(Nolan)

I think Saad could be a boost to this line up, for whatever reason just not working out second time around in Chicago.

What do you think it would take to get him?

I would do Reinhart for Saad straight up!!

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Not even Muzzin? We have 3 1st round picks, I'm sure there's some young talent, or cheaper talent, that's available there. You wouldn't swap Reinhart +  for Debrincat?

I still love the Blackhawks

He said Reinhart and Beaulieu for Saad/Anisimov. No mention of DeBrincat. 

And I would make that Kings trade, but the Kings wouldn't. That's all I was saying. I'm in general for making moves to improve the team literally 100% of the time

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

He said Reinhart and Beaulieu for Saad/Anisimov. No mention of DeBrincat. 

And I would make that Kings trade, but the Kings wouldn't. That's all I was saying. I'm in general for making moves to improve the team literally 100% of the time

Honestly didn't read the opening post so that's on me

Do wonder what it would take to pry DeBrincat lose however

Edited by WildCard

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Honestly didn't read the opening post so that's on me

Do wonder what it would take to pry DeBrincat lose however

If you had a cost-controlled player on his ELC who scored 28 goals in his rookie year and is at a point per game pace in his sophomore year, how much would it take to pry that rookie from your team?

That's probably what it would take 

Edited by Randall Flagg

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If you had a cost-controlled player on his ELC who scored 28 goals in his rookie year and is at a point per game pace in his sophomore year, how much would it take to pry that rookie from your team?

That's probably what it would take 

I'm aware of what he is. We're in a much different spot than them though. Everything they do going forward has to be centered around their belief in Toews, Kane, Seabrooke, and Keith. And thus far, the moves Bowman has made, moving Panarin to bring back Saad, moving Hjlamersson, bringing Sharp back to rekindle the magic, they seem to believe they can still win now with that core. 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm aware of what he is. We're in a much different spot than them though. Everything they do going forward has to be centered around their belief in Toews, Kane, Seabrooke, and Keith. And thus far, the moves Bowman has made, moving Panarin to bring back Saad, moving Hjlamersson, bringing Sharp back to rekindle the magic, they seem to believe they can still win now with that core. 

But that would only cement their need for the excellent production they're getting from such a cheap contract, since they have so little cap flexibility. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

But that would only cement their need for the excellent production they're getting from such a cheap contract, since they have so little cap flexibility. 

Yeah typing that out I realized they wouldn't move him. They would want Casey back I'm sure

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Carter is 33 and has 4 years left on his deal at 5.27 Million AAV 

Ansimov is 30 and has 3years left at 4.5 Million AAV. 

Pass on both, particularly Carter

Without taking any sort of look at stats, simple or advanced, a 30 yr old 2nd line center ar 4.5M for 3 more years doesn't sound onerous at all to me.

Carter is def riskier.

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Both teams are old and full of Stanley Cup champions.  Is there any players on either team that Jbotts would go after to improve depth scoring?

Possible players Sabres could offer...Reinhart, Okposo, Larsson, Girgensons, Beaulieu, Scandella, and Rodrigues.

Scandella, Larsson, and Okposo to LA for Carter, Lewis, and Muzin?

Reinhart and Beaulieu to Chicago for either Anisimov or Saad?

new line up-

Skinner- Eichel- Pommer

Saad/Anisimov- Carter- Sheary

Sobotka- Mitts- Thompson

Girgensons- Berglund- Lewis

McCabe- Risto

Muzin- Bogo

Dahlin- Nelson

Saad brings more speed and is younger but more expensive.

Anisimov is natural center and cheaper, could also be a bargaining chip to lure Panarin if we lose Skinner to free agency.

Carter great leader and center who can mentor Thompson.

I’m not trying to be a jerk but that lineup makes want to smash a window.

Reinhart, Risto and a late 1st for Schmaltz, Boqvist and a 2021 1st

Risto and Nylander for Vilardi, Carter and a 2nd

Reinhart and Girgensons for Iafallo and Carter

Risto, Larsson and Okposo for Debrincat, Schmaltz and Seabrook

Guhle, Nylander and Asplund for Toffoli and Wagner

Smith, Pilut and a late 1st for Kempe

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Weren't Carter and Richards broken up because of their notorious partying? Given the massive culture shakeup attempt Botts has had I doubt Carter is anywhere on the radar 

Carter was much younger then.  I believe he has matured a lot since then and is a good leader.  Thinking like that means we shouldn't have drafted Jack since he was a partier in college.  People grow up and mature.  

I think Carter would be the perfect 2nd line center for the next couple of years and let Casey grow and mature as the third. Then in a couple of years you flip them and make Casey the second.

Again the deal would be shedding Okposo's contract for the next five years to take on Carter's for the next four. Change of scenery for both.

I would entertain Seabrook.   Would be nice to have an experienced RD to play alongside Dahlin over the next few years.  His contract is onerous (6.7m AAV for 5 more years).  We add McCabe and they had to take Okposo’s anchor of a deal.  Seabrook would not need PP minutes and Risto playing reduced minutes on a second pairing might improve his game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.