GDT: Sabres at Rangers, Sun 11/4/18, 7:00 pm

StuckinFL

image.thumb.png.8d6873ce788345da844bf98277834016.png

He coulda been living large on his friend's wing, but noooooooooooo. 

Alrighty then.  The Sabres are back to DeLuca .500, they hold the last wildcard spot in the EC and they're playing a probable non-playoff team on the road tonight as they look to continue the momentum of a huge butt-whoopin they put on the Sens yesterday.

We'll probably see Hutton today, as Ullmark played yesterday.

Most important items to look for are a healthy Eichel and a healthy Dahlin, as both got banged up yesterday vs the Sens, and Dahlin did not return.

2nd-most important IMHO is whether the Sabres can deliver another consistent effort and not start slow and take a penalty or give up a goal in the first few minutes of the game.

Through 14 games, Pommer has 8 goals and 14 pts, Skinner has 9 goals and 16 pts and Eichel has 4 goals and 17 pts.

The Rangers are looking for their 3rd straight win.

Rangers projected lineup 

Vladislav Namestnikov -- Mika Zibanejad -- Mats Zuccarello

Chris Kreider -- Kevin Hayes -- Pavel Buchnevich

Jimmy Vesey -- Brett Howden -- Jesper Fast

Ryan Spooner -- Filip Chytil -- Vinni Lettieri

Brady Skjei -- Tony DeAngelo

Marc Staal -- Neal Pionk

Brendan Smith -- Kevin Shattenkirk

Henrik Lundqvist

Alexandar Georgiev

Scratched: Cody McLeod

• Like (+1) 1

Man oh man it'd be sweet to win this one. 

It always seems that we get a letdown after yesterday-type-games though. Let's take a look.

December 1, 2007 we beat Carolina 8-1 and lost the next game four days later against the Ducks, 4-1.
January 18, 2008 we beat Atlanta 10-1, and lost the next evening in Toronto, 4-2.
October 13, 2008 we beat NYI 7-1, won our next game two days later against the Rangers 3-1.
Jan 27, 2009 we beat Edmonton 10-2. Lost to Calgary 5-2 the following night.
March 27, 2010 we beat Tampa 7-1 and won our next game two days later in Boston.
March 19 2011 we beat Atlanta 8-2 and lost our next game to Nashville, 4-3 in OT the following night.

The three games we played the next night after blowout wins of 6 or more goals were all losses. Let's change that tonight boys!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StuckinFL said:

A win tonight will put us in the top 3 of arguably the toughest division in hockey. The Sabres have been a source of joy lately in an otherwise stressful time in my life personally so I can't wait to watch this one!

Hang in there, my friend.  It is always darkest ... just before a big win for the Sabres in NYC.

GO SABRES!!

I'll miss tonight's game for a special sushi dinner and the Packers game. Let's go Buffalo! Keep shooting the puck and getting to the front of the net.

But last night was Star Wars night in San Jose. https://www.bardown.com/san-jose-sharks-logo-and-players-get-the-ultimate-star-wars-makeover-ahead-of-saturday-s-game-1.1203499?fbclid=IwAR0u9gA7W0ZwGr2AU0FMCYHDdIMFgdHmKRQkPKxOqYWwmgKmL45o5f-2_iU  Isn't that cute? They renamed their players with Star Wars names. What kind of people would think that that was clever? Oh...  oh right.

19 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'll miss tonight's game for a special sushi dinner and the Packers game. Let's go Buffalo! Keep shooting the puck and getting to the front of the net.

But last night was Star Wars night in San Jose. https://www.bardown.com/san-jose-sharks-logo-and-players-get-the-ultimate-star-wars-makeover-ahead-of-saturday-s-game-1.1203499?fbclid=IwAR0u9gA7W0ZwGr2AU0FMCYHDdIMFgdHmKRQkPKxOqYWwmgKmL45o5f-2_iU  Isn't that cute? They renamed their players with Star Wars names. What kind of people would think that that was clever? Oh...  oh right.

What is Evander Kane's Star Wars nickname?? 

Thank you Sabres Please may I have another,....... Solid game, 4 lines rolling and 2ndary scoring...

Lets see if this team can handle success and not be to full of themselves after yesterdays beat down on the Sens...

No 2 games alike need to do all the work you did yesterday and yes i'm looking at you Casey, Sam, Erod, Larson... Lets see some more goals form your lines....

Must win because of my insufferable Rangers fan brother in law and me not wanting to hear him snipping at me when this ones done.. Lets go Buffalo.....     

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.