GDT: Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres, 2:16 p.m., November 3, 2018

PASabreFan

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yep.  One of our DFW Bills Backers has a bar in Arlington, TX.  We usually do a few Saturday Sabres games there every year to show him some love.  I'm leaving shortly to pick up some deviled eggs and stuffed jalapeños for snackies for the group at the bar.  (It's a dive bar, btw, last time I spent only $10 and that was with a generous tip.)

Holy ***** *****, what a great game.

I couldn't post during the game because the bar owner's phone fritzed out during the anthem, so we watched the game on my phone/account, projected onto the TV at the bar.

Some of the "rules" we've adopted over the years that previously seemed quite benign:
1. Every Sabres goal, you have to drink a shot.

2. If the Sabres win, you have to drink a celebratory shot.

So, two beers, 10 shots (of whiskey) and somehow I got home without a DUI.  Praise God, Allah, ****, and all their friends.  Hallejuliah!

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So two beers, 10 shots (of whiskey) and somehow I got home without a DUI.  Praise God, Allah, ****, and all their friends.  Hallejuliah!

Not cool my dude.  You could've killed somebody.   Use uber or take a cab next time please.

• Thanks (+1) 2

It may be short-lived because other teams play tonight... and at one point today he was at +13 and in sole possession of the lead...  but a Buffalo Sabres is tied for 1st in +/- in the entire league right now. The past X years we've been so horrible at 5 on 5 that this is more momentous than it really should be. Great job, Skinner!

Now, Risto needs to improve on that savage -9. Our top defensive pairing cannot be a liability. (And no, in a couple seasons, Risto won't be on the top pairing... but in the interim he's going to log the big minutes against the other team's best.)

Erod looked fast and good all game, no idea why he sits. 

Wow, just wow, that was freaking awesome, I can not remember being at a more fun sabres game since maybe the Aud days. 

And to note, I think having bogo out there kept Ottawa a bit more honest at the end when they were frustrated, I was expecting liberties to be taken.

Its a good day to be a sabres fan! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.