GDT Ottawa Senators vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/1/18

Andrew Amerk

11 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I want Erod back in the line up most definitely

Skinner - Eichel - Pommers

Erod - Mitts - Okposo  (Worked well on the West coast trip so I'm confused why we separated them)

Sheary - Sobotka - Reinhart (Again played alright on the western trip)  (I have never seen Mitts and Reinhart work all that well together)

Girgs - Berglund - Larsson

McCabe - Risto

Scandella - Bogo

Dahlin - Nelson

I'd love to see Pilut soon to edge out Nelson

Id also like to see Pilut soon, but by performance this year, I think he should edge out Scandella. 

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Now and again, stuff on the board just boils down, IMO, to one's world view, outlook on life, and such.

Are we back to this garbage? It's a personal attack on people you disagree with on a sports message board. But, hey, if that's your cup of tea...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are we back to this garbage? It's a personal attack on people you disagree with on a sports message board. But, hey, if that's your cup of tea...

It's not an attack. It's an observation, and an inference.

An observation regarding personas presented on a mostly anonymous online forum. An observation about which I might be wrong. An observation that may have no bearing on matters IRL.

Feel free to offer a differing reason or reasons for why you would choose to lament Eichel's failure to live up to your expectations.

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

OK, for the THIRD TIME today I went to nhl.com's stats page to see if I'm crazy. There are 42 players in the NHL with a higher PPG number than Jack's 1.08. 42.

I'm not sure where this is going off the rails. Kane and McKinnon are tied, yes, but not near the top.

To me, a more concerning stat is Eichel's scoring - he's tied for 76th in the league in goals scored, and he'd project out at 25 goals for the year, which would have put him about 60th place in the league last year.   So far, he's been below his pace last season (he only played 67 games but scored 25).     That's definitely 2nd line stuff. 

Just hoping he ups the ante in his 5th season next year as he matures, or even later this season.  

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's not an attack. It's an observation, and an inference.

An observation regarding personas presented on a mostly anonymous online forum. An observation about which I might be wrong. An observation that may have no bearing on matters IRL.

Feel free to offer a differing reason or reasons for why you would choose to lament Eichel's failure to live up to your expectations.

Nah, I'm good. I don't see why a sports fan should have to psychoanalyze himself to explain an opinion about a hockey player. And especially not in response to someone who has cast plenty of shade on Jack.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Maybe it’s the mobile format. I don’t get it.

The quote is, by Nfreeman.  It is "I'm a firm believer that incessant message board complaining will fix the situation."

It is no more than that, really.  An outlet for frustration that a team and player you are emotional about isn't performing as you'd hoped they would after so much emotional energy was expended in the process of getting to this point.

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Nah, I'm good. I don't see why a sports fan should have to psychoanalyze himself to explain an opinion about a hockey player. And especially not in response to someone who has cast plenty of shade on Jack.

Weak sauce.

You’re making what amount to metaphysical contentions regarding a player. So some self analysis and reflection are warranted. Something, something, the unexamined life.

I have issues and concerns with his play, for sure.

But I find it pointless to rue his failure to live up to his draft position, the capital expended to acquire him, his association with McDavid, or anything like that.

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

The quote is, by Nfreeman.  It is "I'm a firm believer that incessant message board complaining will fix the situation."

It is no more than that, really.  An outlet for frustration that a team and player you are emotional about isn't performing as you'd hoped they would after so much emotional energy was expended in the process of getting to this point.

I’m. I’m impaired, I think. You wrote clearly. I just don’t comprehend.

i need to start drinking.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2018 at 11:11 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

You thought the Nolan tank team was fun to watch and be made them more than they were? They were the worst non-expansion team of the modern era! 

I watch games to get entertained. Those games, I knew they would lose. But Nolan's teams busted their ass. They had no talent but a ton of heart. Much more fun to watch than last year's team. 

29 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I watch games to get entertained. Those games, I knew they would lose. But Nolan's teams busted their ass. They had no talent but a ton of heart. Much more fun to watch than last year's team. 

The tank teams you mean?

I've been a Sabres fan since 2005 and I've never seen a team have less effort than the Nolan tank teams. Of course, this wasn't Nolan's fault, because the players had a hard time getting up to play the 60+ games in the middle of the season where they knew they were the worst team in the league and knew it was on purpose and didn't feel like they should work hard, and I don't blame them. But I still carry the scars from those seasons, which both from an effort standpoint (outside of the 10 wins in 13 games in December or so of the first tank year) and a hockey stand  point is by far the worst I've ever seen from any team. They quit and didn't skate orders of magnitude more often than last year's Sabres or any Sabres I've ever seen, and it's burned into my memory because I watched every single agonizing second of it. We STILL talk about purging guys like Risto and Zemgus of the lazy bad habits they developed in those very seasons. 

That Nolan's tank teams worked hard is a meme and a myth. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.