Driving in Buffalo, the oddities

PASabreFan

On 11/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, MattPie said:

290px-Swindon_Magic_Roundabout.svg.png

The Magic Roundabout in Swindon, England, was constructed in 1972[1] and is a ring junction consisting of five mini-roundabouts arranged around a sixth central, anticlockwise roundabout. Located near the County Ground, home of Swindon Town F.C., its name comes from the popular children's television series The Magic Roundabout. In 2009 it was voted the fourth scariest junction in Britain.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Swindon)

The FOURTH scariest. ?

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

The FOURTH scariest. ?

I looked at the others, they seem like frankly average (for this area of SE PA) messy highway interchanges to me. A Wegmans I frequent is in the middle or this one. There are a lot of ramps coming and going but you get used to it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0835564,-75.4001734,16z

This is the Hanger Lane Gyratory, which just seems like a really big traffic circle to me. It's often at the top of the UK list.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5304657,-0.2935158,395m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by MattPie

Coming off of 33 today at Utica. A bunch of youthful men decide to wait until the light is AGAINST them and then cross.  Laughing, dancing, two were on bikes and moving as slowly as possible.  This was at 10pm.  Are they out of their minds?  All it takes is one person not paying attention or drunk or doesn't see well in the dark or whatever.  You don't look tough, you look stupid.  And your glances at my car aren't intimidating me, either.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Coming off of the 33 today at Utica. A bunch of youthful men decide to wait until the light is AGAINST them and then cross.  Laughing, dancing, two were on bikes and moving as slowly as possible.  This was at 10pm.  Are they out of their minds?  All it takes is one person not paying attention or drunk or doesn't see well in the dark or whatever.  You don't look tough, you look stupid.  And your glances at my car aren't intimidating me, either.

FTFY

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Coming off of 33 today at Utica. A bunch of youthful men decide to wait until the light is AGAINST them and then cross.  Laughing, dancing, two were on bikes and moving as slowly as possible.  This was at 10pm.  Are they out of their minds?  All it takes is one person not paying attention or drunk or doesn't see well in the dark or whatever.  You don't look tough, you look stupid.  And your glances at my car aren't intimidating me, either.

I hope you told them to get off your lawn too!

old.jpg

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 11/1/2018 at 7:29 AM, MattPie said:

290px-Swindon_Magic_Roundabout.svg.png

The Magic Roundabout in Swindon, England, was constructed in 1972[1] and is a ring junction consisting of five mini-roundabouts arranged around a sixth central, anticlockwise roundabout. Located near the County Ground, home of Swindon Town F.C., its name comes from the popular children's television series The Magic Roundabout. In 2009 it was voted the fourth scariest junction in Britain.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Swindon)

That picture reminds me of my experience in Boston.  I pulled up to it and the instructions to get to the hotel just said to take a left.  No matter which one I took I kept ending up back there.  Five hours later I ran out of gas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.