the Legend of Linus

LGR4GM

... https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/postgame-ullmark/t-277437090/c-62318603

Cool as a cucumber. I feel like he took classes or a seminar on interview tactics because he just kinda, waits for an actual question and then if he doesn't get it, he simply agrees or disagrees with the statement he was "asked". 

At about the 50second mark it gets hilarious IMPO. "You are giving me the answers right away" also... "okay now we got a question." LMAO, I love this guy. 

Ullmark3.jpg

Edited by LGR4GM

On HFBoards his interview was described as painful to watch.  I didn't quite get that.  I think part of the issue is that his grasp of English is still coming along.  So when a leading question is asked, and he asks for clarification, they come with both the lead and the logical answer, and by then Ullmark is wise to the tactic and throws it back at them.

Honestly, I would have like to hear him say, "I wish I could have made one more save for the guys since they bailed me out" or words to that effect, but it is what it is.  I think he's a typical goalie in that he's a bit of a head case and you just have roll with it.

I don't think he's a head case. I think he knows what went wrong in that game and also knows what a question is. I doubt very much his English is still coming along. He's been here since the start of 2015 and speaks quite well. Personally I think he wised up to the age old strategy of make a statement and then try and get your interviewee to agree with it. 

I doubt his English is the problem, but I love how he makes it hard on the interviewers.   Something I noticed in a lot of postgame interviews is that they not really ask questions but try to put words in the mouth of the players.   Linus just calls them out on it and you can hear some of them being rattled by it.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I doubt his English is the problem, but I love how he makes it hard on the interviewers.   Something I noticed in a lot of postgame interviews is that they not really ask questions but try to put words in the mouth of the players.   Linus just calls them out on it and you can hear some of them being rattled by it.  ?

I think that was Harrington in the interview not really asking a question, just making a comment and after Linus deadpanned a response it sounded like Harrington stormed off a bit rattled perhaps.

Will be interesting to see if Harrington throws him under the bus after that encounter...  seems like something he would do.

Edited by pi2000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.