Cody Hodgson trailer for RYR-1 gene

SDS

Feel for the dude. Seems very at peace with it and glad he's looking to increase awareness. 

Feel bad for partaking in the razzing we piled on eliminating letters from his name (ok at the time it was funny). Best of luck Cody!!

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'd love to see a CoHo night in Buffalo.  I think he deserves a huge ovation from the home crowd.  

Yes perhaps a promotional RYR-1 awareness night or something to that effect. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 2

Glad to hear he is doing well.  Genetic disorders and all their variances are no joke.  Amazing he made it as far as he did.  As a father of an 11 year old son with a rare genetic disorder, he amazes me every day with his progress, his attitude and perseverance.  All my best to Cody.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe I was the one to start the whole Cy Hgsn thing and even though none of us, including Cody, knew what was going on at the time, it is not something I feel good about.  I know not to make fun of anyone.

Anyway, I long ago gave him his letters back.  Best wishes Cody.

I think it is a good idea for the Sabres to honour him in someway to help spread awareness of this issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Geez.

Good on you, Cody Hodgson.

I am curious now: There must be a spectrum of symptoms associated with the disorder? Because he's evidently still quite functional in terms of his gross and fine motor skills.

38 minutes ago, N S said:

I believe I was the one to start the whole Cy Hgsn thing and even though none of us, including Cody, knew what was going on at the time, it is not something I feel good about.  I know not to make fun of anyone.

Anyway, I long ago gave him his letters back.  Best wishes Cody.

Ah, man - the letter thing was just fans clowning around with a proverbial whipping boy player. There's nothing really wrong with that.

Also: Didn't someone once riff off that by saying that a player who was then wearing an "A" also needed to have the A's removed from his name? I loved that post.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Geez.

I am curious now: There must be a spectrum of symptoms associated with the disorder? Because he's evidently still quite functional in terms of his gross and fine motor skills.

Ah, man - the letter thing was just fans clowning around with a proverbial whipping boy player. There's nothing really wrong with that.

Also: Didn't someone once riff off that by saying that a player who was then wearing an "A" also needed to have the A's removed from his name? I loved that post.

I think that was me ripping on Drew Stafford. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Geez.

I know, but still, in hindsight.

I believe that was our beloved dark and his unending disdain for the much maligned Drew Stfford.

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Feel for the dude. Seems very at peace with it and glad he's looking to increase awareness. 

Feel bad for partaking in the razzing we piled on eliminating letters from his name (ok at the time it was funny). Best of luck Cody!!

Yes perhaps a promotional RYR-1 awareness night or something to that effect. 

It's these ideas right here why the Pegulas need a fan liaison. Someone who is in touch with the fans and has a brain to work and put together stuff like this. Give me 55k and benefits and I would be all over it. 

We have had threads discussing CoHo’s retirement and the reason for it in the past such as this one.

What happened to Cody is heart breaking.  To imagine that he got as far as he did, his work ethic must be out of this world.  He deserves ever cent we paid him.

I sent Rich Jureller, the President of the Sabres Foundation, an email requesting a night honoring CoHo and the work he is doing.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, N S said:

No.  GoDD has been banned for a long time.  To my knowledge he was the only one that thought that.  Who knows, maybe GoDD is right.

I don’t remember who was saying it, I just remember seeing it being said for a few years. 

Do I dare ask why he was banned?

5 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I don’t remember who was saying it, I just remember seeing it being said for a few years. 

Do I dare ask why he was banned?

No.

Lets just say he had strong beliefs that he refused to stop voicing.  To his credit, I must say.  He stuck to his guns and it cost him.

Edited by N S

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We have had threads discussing CoHo’s retirement and the reason for it in the past such as this one.

What happened to Cody is heart breaking.  To imagine that he got as far as he did, his work ethic must be out of this world.  He deserves ever cent we paid him.

I sent Rich Jureller, the President of the Sabres Foundation, an email requesting a night honoring CoHo and the work he is doing.

I think it would be awesome if they did something like this and do the 50/50 raffle with half going to his charity or something like that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.