How are we feeling about Zach Bogosian?

darksabre

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I’m looking forward to the first “I’d give him a 4-year x $5MM per year extension” post in this thread.  

:lol:

Can't see anybody here suggesting he be re-signed.  He flat out can't be counted on for playing more than 60 games at this point & realistically any games over 40 are a bonus.

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's supposed to be a "skating" defenseman.  I'm not seeing it this year.  For the most part I like what he brings, but I think he used to bring more speed.

The first thing I noticed about him is that he lost a step. But he looks a lot better with breakout options than he did without 'em. 

If you watch, quite often his partner is yelling at him which player to pass it to, which is interesting. 

Because of injuries, I'm expecting any time that he's gone for a long time, but for now he's doing just fine in our bottom 4. Playing fairly smart, nice and simple, and effectively. Only a few breakdowns, plenty of which are really Scandella's fault, who will soon be the new whipping boy if he can't sort himself out soon. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

He's still pretty sexy.  I like dark and everything but comparisons to Bogo are lofty. 

I said he looks like dark, but, you know, I was being a bit genereous.

Bogo is that handsome devil I keep hearing about ...

*insert Smiths YouTube clip here*

He's surpassing my expectations by playing at all...which I guess isn't a great sign about his time in Buffalo overall.

He and Scandella are the two defensemen that make me nervous when they're out there.  But I guess that I like that he's big and stands up for his teammates?  So I guess the verdict through 11 games is that he's fine but I still wish he had one less year left on his contract.

Well the Bogo Nogo line has definitely moved beyond periods of hockey, I picked over 2 games and we're still counting and that's a plus. 

Definitely a tad slower however I love the physical game he brought immediately and also love we have someone that is clearing the crease, supporting his team mates and  keeping the other teams on their toes when he is out there.  That effect against the big teams like CBJ is valuable to keep teams from getting too chippy.

21 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He looks pretty good for a guy who hasn't played much hockey in the past year and half.      He should improve throughout the season as he gains confidence and gets his timing back.... assuming he can stay healthy.

Assuming he had timing to lose....

animal_drums.jpg

I'm here all week, try the veal!

25 minutes ago, ... said:

Assuming he had timing to lose....

animal_drums.jpg

I'm here all week, try the veal!

Ha, well he's played well in stretches in the past.    The issue I've had with him (besides his health) is his tendency to make bad decisions in his own end.     He's also not a quick skater, but he does have better than average speed... it just takes him a bit to hit top speed.     He can be affective on the rush, would like to see him jumping in the play more... which I expect will come as he starts to feel more comfortable.  

Haven't seen him make any really bad decisions yet, he's keeping it simple which I hope continues.

Edited by pi2000

12 minutes ago, jsb said:

On the plus side he is a +1 in +/-, he leads the team in blocked shots per game and he's 2nd on the team in Hits. 

I would try him and Dahlin on the first pairing for a game or two.   Not sure if he can handle the minutes tho.    Maybe eventually.... but regardless Risto needs fewer minutes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.