Ludicrous Fan Behavior

Eleven

I have an acquaintance who went to the Winter Classic in 2007. Him and his friends always got piss drunk when they went out. That game wasn’t no different. 

Well, after however many beers he had to take a piss, but was really too drunk to go far. There was a lady in front of him with a hooded fur lined parka. So, you guessed it, he got the brilliant idea to take a piss in her hood so as not to make any noise. 

Her compainon wasn’t too happy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I have an acquaintance who went to the Winter Classic in 2007. Him and his friends always got piss drunk when they went out. That game wasn’t no different. 

Well, after however many beers he had to take a piss, but was really too drunk to go far. There was a lady in front of him with a hooded fur lined parka. So, you guessed it, he got the brilliant idea to take a piss in her hood so as not to make any noise. 

/thread ...

At a Bills game against Miami in the late Shula years when the Ralph was his and Marino's house of horrors. Beautiful day, might have been the opener, and the Bills won big and as I was walking out with my gf (now wife) and two nephews, there was some Miami fans in a little speck of a car with a mob of Bills fans holding it's front wheels off the ground by the front bumper and taunting the Miami fan occupants. They  were clearly very scared, revving the engine which was running and in gear. Scary. "Nothing to see here kids" to nephews.

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Oh god. If that had been me in the hood, I'd have hoped his d!ck falls off from frostbite. 

Saw a guy dump beer all over a family at an OSU game (f*ck OSU, man, I hate that fanbase... I was there because my high school band was playing with the OSU band/stayed for the game). Same guy later barfed all over a woman who'd taken the empty place when the beer soaked family had left. 

I guess worst thing that's happened to me was the RIT outdoor game a few years ago- it was bloody cold, so I was wearing many warm layers and my Carhartt overalls. I was good. Sometime mid in the third period, the Niagara fans behind us were really riled up with the group taunting them in front of us and they start throwing snow/ice balls. Caught a few in the head, definitely had a few either poorly thrown or intentionally aimed at me- went down my back, bypassing all my warm layers, chilling me to the fu*king bone. And then dark got the world's worst food poisoning that night. Lovely. 

1 hour ago, josie said:

Oh god. If that had been me in the hood, I'd have hoped his d!ck falls off from frostbite. 

Saw a guy dump beer all over a family at an OSU game (f*ck OSU, man, I hate that fanbase... I was there because my high school band was playing with the OSU band/stayed for the game). Same guy later barfed all over a woman who'd taken the empty place when the beer soaked family had left. 

I guess worst thing that's happened to me was the RIT outdoor game a few years ago- it was bloody cold, so I was wearing many warm layers and my Carhartt overalls. I was good. Sometime mid in the third period, the Niagara fans behind us were really riled up with the group taunting them in front of us and they start throwing snow/ice balls. Caught a few in the head, definitely had a few either poorly thrown or intentionally aimed at me- went down my back, bypassing all my warm layers, chilling me to the fu*king bone. And then dark got the world's worst food poisoning that night. Lovely. 

I was at an Amerks game with an ex, we were sitting directly below the suites behind the goal, and a woman dumped a beer all over her. Think it was an accident, but she didn’t.

She went into a rage and knocked on the door to the suite looking for the woman. We were thrown out. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I was at an Amerks game with an ex, we were sitting directly below the suites behind the goal, and a woman dumped a beer all over her. Think it was an accident, but she didn’t.

She went into a rage and knocked on the door to the suite looking for the woman. We were thrown out. 

Ugh that sucks. Insult to injury.

Went to a game in Philly with a friend. I wore my jersey, he wore a Roenick 97 that he's had forever. You may remember the game, Sabres led 2-0 at the end of the first, Kassian fought Sestito and won. Sabres lost 7-2. 

Nothing bad happened in the stands. Some half-hearted smack and chuckles was all.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109943

(I forgot how bad the announcers were during that era)

I read this as Luderous Fan Behavior every time.

Was at the Ralph when we played Miami. Heading back to the car, stopped to watch anywhere from 6 to 10 guys in a pile just beating the crap out of each other. Called my friend over and we just stood there, about 10 feet away, laughing our ***** off.

We then heard a cop yelling, "You guys better break it up! I'm not gonna hurry, but if any of you are still fighting by the time I get there, you're going to jail! No one wants to go to jail do they?!" He really was in no hurry to get to them and they all scattered by the time he got there.

One of the guys was wearing a New England jersey (he was obviously only at the game to get into a fight.) 

I found the whole thing hilarious.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, pi2000 said:

Got barfed on at Rich Stadium when I was 10, Cowboy game with my Dad.  Like full on all down the side of me. I want to say Gregg Bell broke a 90yard TD run and the Bills won.  They were 2-14 that year I think.

I was at that game

I don't post much but this one was pretty funny so what the heck ...

A few years ago I went with some friends to a Bills game.  Can't remember who they played (GB maybe?) as I'm not a big Bills fan but anyways we were in the heated seats at the one end of the stadium.  Behind us is a group of guys/gals all in their 20's.  Everyone having a good time, no problems at all.

As I'm sitting watching the game all of a sudden I have a young female sitting on my head.  She had lost her balance and literally sat on top of my head.  She then proceeded to slide further until she ended in my lap on her back, legs spread, knees over my shoulders and her crotch basically staring me in the face!  She's all embarrassed but laughing, I'm laughing, her friends are laughing, my buddies are laughing.  All I could picture was the scene in Animal House where the girl flies into the kid's room and lands on her bed and he looks up and says "Thank you God!!"

The funniest thing was getting her lifted up and off of me without shoving her crotch into my face any more.

If I smoked I'd have had a cigarette afterwards.

• Like (+1) 2

About 10 years ago I was in the upper deck at the Ralph for an early season game.  I was with a large group and we were about 3 rows from the top.  If you've ever sat up there, you know (i) it's quite a few stairs to climb and (ii) the higher you go, the more sauced everyone is.

So, it's a hot sunny day, we're into the 2nd half, the game stinks as usual and people are taking comfort where they can find it.

Up the stairs, here comes, boozily and unsteadily, a woman with her hands full:  in her left hand, one of those flimsy cardboard trays with 2 beers and a plate of nachos, and in her right hand...a baby.

Not a toddler.  An infant.  Definitely less than 3 months old and maybe less than 2 months.

No baby carrier or sling.  No 2 arms holding the baby securely either.  Just a pretty new and very vulnerable baby kinda folded over her forearm like a dishtowel as she clambered drunkenly up a bunch of stairs holding food and beer in her other hand.  No hat or other sun protection on the baby either. 

Sure enough, she stumbles and the people around us watching this train wreck all gasp.  She lurches as she tries not to wipe out.  The beer sloshes.  The nachos don't move.  The baby comes perilously close to the concrete stairs.

She regains her balance and makes it to her seat without further incident.  Everyone breathes a sigh of relief.

I sure hope that woman learned a few things about parenting from that incident, but I'm skeptical.

Back in October of '87 (maybe it was '88), my girlfriend and I were in North Buffalo for some reason and on the spur of the moment decided to take the Metro Rail downtown and catch the Sabres' season opener at the Aud. There were still orange seats available, so we bought tickets and headed up.  Someone in the Sabres' organization had a wonderful idea for the opening game:  Every seat in the Aud had a small plastic bag hanging on it. Inside was a small memento of the game (I've forgotten what it was) and a "glow disc".  You know, it was like one of those glow sticks that you crack and then the liquids inside mix and glow for a couple of hours, except it was a disc.  Some seats had blue discs (actually more of a purple) and the others had "gold" discs (really that hi-vis yellow).  During the opening ceremony, fans were supposed to hold up the glowing discs forming patterns all around the Aud.
Predictably, many fans decided to test the aerodynamic limits of the discs, launching them like Frisbees towards the ice surface.  By the end of the opening ceremony, the ice was littered with thousands of glowing purple and optic yellow discs. Of course, announcements were made to try to stop fans from hurling the discs icewards, but to little effect.  The maintenance crew eventually got the ice cleaned up.  The game finally got going, but every time there was a decent hit or a lousy call by the refs, more discs came sailing down.
I can only imagine that the genius that came up with this "glow disc" idea found themselves looking for work the next day.

I've posted this one a couple times, but since it's a different type of stupidity than most of what's in here, I'll post it again.  The first event after Red Auerbach died in whatever they call Boston's arena now was a Sabres-Bruins game.  Right before the anthem, they had a moment of silence for Auerbach.  Seconds into that, some idiot yells out "Buffalo sucks!", and then it quickly snowballed from there.  A moment of silence for one of the biggest sports legends your town has and you can't even make it 5 seconds.  That sums up Boston perfectly.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/28/2018 at 3:59 PM, SDS said:

/winner...

On 10/28/2018 at 7:16 PM, MattPie said:

Went to a game in Philly with a friend. I wore my jersey, he wore a Roenick 97 that he's had forever. You may remember the game, Sabres led 2-0 at the end of the first, Kassian fought Sestito and won. Sabres lost 7-2. 

Nothing bad happened in the stands. Some half-hearted smack and chuckles was all.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109943

(I forgot how bad the announcers were during that era)

If it makes you feel better, I was at the Game 6 against Philly at home in 2001 when we trashed them 8-0 to take the series.  We found Flyers jerseys in the bathroom trash cans.

Separate game:

Tim Connolly was the starting center and was lined up at center ice for the anthems.  Lights go down, Dougie walks out, announcer says "please rise" etc, but there ends up being a 5 second pause between the announcement and the organ starting up, which was quiet enough to hear a pin drop.  Someone in the 300s yells at the top of their lungs, "CONNOLLY SUCKS!"  which every single person in the arena heard and started laughing.  Timmay had to stand there and eat it through the two anthems.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Thanks to Rayzor, the word "ludicrous" does not exist in my vocabulary anymore

How do I read this thread every time I come to Sabrespace? "Luderous"

How do I say and read that word in any other setting in my life, hockey related or not? "Luderous"

What did you do to me Rob 

Look about ten posts upthread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.