GDT Buffalo Sabres at Columbus 7pm ET 10/27/2018

jsb

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Man I would be bummed if any of those three didn't play tonight.

If those 3 don't play tonight do Ellie, Thompson and a Rochester call-up play? Wonder who'd get the nod.

I'm guessing that all 3 won't miss the game. I wonder if Eichel has been fighting something? Feels like he hasn't scored in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

What makes you think Jack is out?

I didn't say I thought he was.  But "9, 23 and Sheary are testing it in the optional skate" indicates that all three are potentially injured in kind of a day-to-day sense.

Edited by Doohickie

Off topic but does anyone know how to turn off Sabre Space browser notifications (I'm using chrome), I've somehow activated them by accident and they're driving me bonkers. I've gone into the notification settings and I see a green check box saying browser notifications are on but don't have the option to disable it. It's annoying to get pop ups saying so & so have responded to x.

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Off topic but does anyone know how to turn off Sabre Space browser notifications (I'm using chrome), I've somehow activated them by accident and they're driving me bonkers. I've gone into the notification settings and I see a green check box saying browser notifications are on but don't have the option to disable it. It's annoying to get pop ups saying so & so have responded to x.

You can run, but you cannot hide.

• Like (+1) 1

• nfreeman changed the title to GDT Buffalo Sabres at Columbus 7pm ET 10/27/2018

1,2,3, gimme more, I want 4... Lets go Buffalo. Can they do it on the road against another Heavy team, not sure with the bangs and bruises this team has.

Montreal played a bit of a nasty game especially on Skinner, wonder if they were courting him and pissed he picked Buffalo, sure looked like they had an ax to grind with him.   

Well if anything we get to see how this team handles success right, feels odd  but good saying that. 

Another step on the road to Respect, and i spell that WIN..

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I think the notifications are great. I like registering a feeling about a thought without having to necessarily reply with a post. They should be hard to turn off, lol. 

That's not what he's talking about ... where is that dope thingie?

?

10 minutes ago, LTS said:

Looking forward to kicking back tonight and enjoying the game. It's a craptacular day outside, I drove to Buffalo for a hockey game this morning and am back.  I'm ready for this.

That has got to be the word of the day, right there.

8 hours ago, jsb said:

image.thumb.png.bd7ea80db6d3cccc46af3f59a228a732.png     VS     image.png.5ada89c59a82dc65a2fc019b25b758d3.png

At: Nintionwide Arena in Columbus Ohio

Television: MSG

Radio: WGR 550am

The Buffalo Sabres will be trying for their 4th victory in a row against the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight. Columbus comes in with a 5-4 record but with a very impressive last game victory against the St. Louis Blues where they gave up the first 2 goals of the game and then scored 7 of the next 8 goals to take a 7-4 win. They are lead by Artemi Panarin with 12 points in their 9 games but also Atkinson, Werenski, Duclair, Anderson and the ever present Nick Foligno. 

SabreSpace's own TrueBlueGED is attending this game so check the stands to see if he comes up on the screen in his dapper attire image.png.ac9655f2a2ab687a31536f0f4e02b704.png 

holzinger'sgone and EichSnipe will also be at the game but no pictures available. Sorry, carry a sign so we know who you are.

ESPN game preview: http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044473

Sabres info from: Buffalo Sabres Digital Press Box

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at BLUE JACKETS

• This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Blue Jackets this season.
  • Last meeting: Columbus defeated Buffalo 3-1 in Buffalo on Jan. 11
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019 in Columbus
  • The Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs. Blue Jackets; 4-6-0 on the road
  • This is the 30th game all-time between Buffalo and Columbus; Buffalo has an 11-16-2 series record.
  • The Sabres are 4-8-1 on the road against the Blue Jackets all-time.

THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 13-6-2 all-time on October 27.
  • October 27, 1970: Randy Wyrozub records the first two-goal game in franchise history in a 7-2 loss at Vancouver.

October 27, 1991: Pat LaFontaine plays in his first game as a Sabre, a 4-1 loss at Hartford.

October 27, 2016: Rasmus Ristolainen appears in his 200th NHL game vs. Minnesota on his 22nd birthday.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• With a 6-4-0 record through 10 games, the Sabres are off to their best start to a season since they matched that record through the first 10 games of the 2011-12 season.
  • A win tonight would give the Sabres their first four-game winning streak since Dec. 9 to 15, 2014. Buffalo last won four straight games in regulation when the team won five in a row from March 19 to 27, 2012.
  • With a win tonight, the Sabres would guarantee the team’s best points percentage in a month with at least five games since March 2016. If Buffalo gets at least three points from their two remaining games in October, it would be the team’s best month since April 2013.
  • Jack Eichel has totaled nine points (3+6) in nine career games against the Blue Jackets.
  • Kyle Okposo has recorded nine points (4+5) in his last nine games against Columbus.
  • Jeff Skinner has totaled 17 points (9+8) in 23 career games against the Blue Jackets, including 10 points (4+6) in his last 10.

WHO’S HOT?

• With 10 points (5+5) in his last six games, Jeff Skinner has started the season at a point-per-game or better pace through the first 10 games of the season for the fifth time in his career.
  • Jake McCabe has recorded five points (1+4) in his last five games, marking the most productive five-game stretch of his career. His 23:04 of ice time on Thursday vs. Montreal was his highest total since Jan. 22 at Calgary (25:20).
  • Jack Eichel has recorded nine points (3+6) in his last nine games.
  • Jason Pominville enters tonight’s game on a three-game point streak, during which he has totaled six points (3+3) and averaged 17:03 of ice time per game.

60 MINUTES
The Sabres join the Dallas Stars as one of two teams that haven’t played an overtime game yet this season.

• Buffalo’s 10 games are the longest the team has gone without an overtime game to start the season since 2011-12 (12 games).
  • The Sabres have had each of their last 23 games settled in regulation, dating back to March 15 vs. Toronto. It’s the team’s longest stretch of games that were not tied after 60 minutes since they played 30 in a row from Nov. 10, 1979 to Jan. 16, 1980.
  • The team’s record for consecutive games that were not tied after regulation is 33 games from Nov. 17, 1972 to Feb. 1, 1973.

BUF-CBJ CONNECTIONS
Former Sabres:

• Blue Jackets Head Coach John Tortorella was an assistant coach with the Sabres from 1989 to 1995. Sabres Head Coach Phil Housley was on the Sabres roster for one season (1989-90) during Tortorella’s tenure with the team.

Local Players:

• Blue Jackets D Adam Clendening is a native of Niagara Falls, New York.
  • Blue Jackets F Nick Foligno is a native of Buffalo. He is the son of Sabres Hall-of-Famer Mike Foligno and the brother of former Sabre Marcus Foligno.

SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (30), Girgensons (16), McCabe (16)
Blocked Shots: Bogosian (16), McCabe (16), Ristolainen (16)
Shots: Eichel (42), Skinner (28), Okposo (25)

MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Games Played
Jason Pominville … 3 games … 1,000 career games played
Conor Sheary … 6 games … 200 career games played
Remi Elie … 7 games … 100 career games played
Nathan Beaulieu … 9 games … 300 career games played
Goals
Jason Pominville … 6 goals … 211 goals with Sabres (T-11th in franchise history)
Jason Pominville … 1 point … 498 points with Sabres (sole possession, 10th in franchise history)
Conor Sheary … 2 points … 100 career points
Jason Pominville … 3 points … 500 points with Sabres (T-9th in franchise history)

RECENT MILESTONES
Jason Pominville … 497th point with Sabres (T-10th in franchise history) … Oct. 25 vs. MTL

Remember GDT rules, new one's included

1. No acne jokes
  2. No telling Mr. Flagg to STF..... you know the rest
  3. Logo hate was grandfathered into the rules so that's ok
  4. Please look for previous made GDT's before posting yours 
  5. Must Win
  6. Please do not quote an entire obnoxiously long post (exemption this one)
  7. Please start a new thread if you want to cry some more about ROR trade
  8. LETS GO BUFFALO

Sorry, couldn't make it past the "this date In history."

Yes, Lafontaine's 1st game as a Sabre was played on October 27, 1991 against the Whalers.  That was the only bit your historian had correct.  The game was played in the Aud, not Hartford.  And the Sabres crushed them.  Final score Sabres 5, Losers 1.

Sabres could've beat the '77 Habs that night.  One of the best games they EVER played.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled GDT.  Let's go Buffalo!

Edited by Taro T

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Sorry, couldn't makeit pastthe "this date In history."

Yes, Lafontaine's 1st game as a Sabre was played on October 27, 1991 against the Whalers.  That was the only bit your historian had correct.  The game was played in the Aud, not Hartford.  And the Sabres crushed them.  Final score Sabres 5, Losers 1.

Sabres could've beat the '77 Habs that night.  One of the best games they EVER played.

You certainly made it past that when you quoted the post.  ?

Holy kitten-kabootle, I haven't gotten a call from work......and with this weather...…….thanks be to the hockey gods, I can watch the Sabres………….

going to get some beam and coke, would like to mellow while a jump up with joy and spill it everywhere while they score...…(I have confidence......they will...….WIN!!!!)

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Holy kitten-kabootle, I haven't gotten a call from work......and with this weather...…….thanks be to the hockey gods, I can watch the Sabres………….

going to get some beam and coke, would like to mellow while a jump up with joy and spill it everywhere while they score...…(I have confidence......they will...….WIN!!!!)

Well, that's pretty close.  I guess.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Your awesome N S, and thank you. My 48 years on this earth and I never actually have seen it written out ?

YOU'RE (?) too kind.

And, Scott, if you are out there ... how do I get rid of that annoying space in my name?  My name is NS.  Thanks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.