GDT Buffalo Sabres at Columbus 7pm ET 10/27/2018

jsb

10 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Thompson slow? I haven't noticed that but will watch to see for it. 

Let me know what you think.  He has a long stride and my son noted he skates somewhat like Eichel in that regard, more upright and longer strides.  I think the problem is that he doesn't have the same leg and core strength that Eichel has to get his body moving.

I do know this.  When he had a few of those one-timers on the PP I was thinking, that's a pretty good role for him right now.  He was blasting.

8 hours ago, stenbaro said:

Risto looks to me to be getting worse by the game. Anyone else notice this?

He's looking worse because the team is actually decent.   It's all relative.

He's always been a minus player, he's just not very good defensively.... but he can flip tires like there's no tomorrow.

• Haha (+1) 1

Notes after game: 

1. If you said before the season we'd be 6-4-1  after 11 games..... I would have jumped all over it
  2. Risto isn't a domineering Dman, having said that he's not 1/2 as bad as some want to picture him
  3. Bogo's been a stabilizing force on the backend 
  4. Scandella has been relegated to our 5th or 6th best Dman depending on where you put Nelson, also depending on where we are at the trade deadline, he's the most likely to go
  5. Dahlin isn't there yet but be patient, it's coming
  6. I notice a lack of keep Skinner off Jack's line comments lately, I love his style, his attitude, his shot, his hustle, if he keeps this up, sign the man
  7. Our 4th line has gone from OMG get them off the ice ASAP to I don't think any line on the opposing team likes playing against them, they make things miserable
  8. Casey's getting better and he's not a wuss out there. 
  9. Speaking of non wuss, Jack is starting to throw his weight around out there also. Nice
  10. PP needs work but there's too much talent out there to struggle forever
  11. The PK is going to be a team strength by the end of the year. They're looking better and better
  12. Even on their bad days the GK are much better than last year.
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.