GDT Montreal at Buffalo Sabres 7pm ET 10-25-2018

jsb

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I wonder how many STH’s sold their tix to Habs fans for profit after those Sabres two road losses. 

Would be nice to see a barn of mostly Buffalo fans for a Habs game for once. 

You can get 300 level tickets for this game for about 15bucks currently. 

The feeling deep in my plums tells me Casey gets a goal tonight. I'm also hoping to see some more consistent offensive magic from Dahlin but I understand I need to be patient on him.

Can the Sabres make it 3 in a row? In the past the team lacked the gumption to play consistent hockey for multiple games, is this team different? Will Housley dropping F-Bombs in practice motivate them to find that next gear and actually show up in the first period?

I'm shocked the Canadian have gotten off to such a hot start, all the Canadian teams for that matter are exceeding where I thought they'd be (save Edmonton, losers). I thought Van, Ott, and Mon would be licking the floor of the basement but ~1/8th of the season in and that's not the case.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They need to send Thompson down already. Kid just needs a year to learn the system in the AHL and have success. 

I agree. Send him down to Rochester and put him on a wing opposite Nylander and tell them to make it work there so they can make it work in Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Question is is who comes up? Guessing CJ Smith

Does the team NEED to have 23 on the roster? When is Scott Wilson due back?

edit: i googled it, he broke he needed ankle surgery and is expected to be out 8-10 weeks, so sometime in December.

Edited by Mustache of God

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There's no reason on 3 full days of rest to lose a game to a mediocre team's backup goalie. 

Niemi, who won his first two starts this season as a fill-in for Carey Price, has a 2.18 career goals-against average and a .919 save percentage in eight career games against Buffalo. The only time he faced Buffalo as a Canadien was on March 23, when the Canadiens went to KeyBank Centre and Niemi made 35 saves to complete a season sweep of the Sabres with a 3-0 win.”

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Niemi, who won his first two starts this season as a fill-in for Carey Price, has a 2.18 career goals-against average and a .919 save percentage in eight career games against Buffalo. The only time he faced Buffalo as a Canadien was on March 23, when the Canadiens went to KeyBank Centre and Niemi made 35 saves to complete a season sweep of the Sabres with a 3-0 win.”

Helps that we've sucked that entire time

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Helps that we've sucked that entire time

That's the thing, right?  After a successful western swing, there are rumblings that the Sabres might actually be a decent team.  We don't know whether to believe it.  The team probably is trying to figure that out at the moment.  BUT, at some point, the rebuild starts to bear fruit.  Are we at that point?  If so, all the past history from the tank years will become irrelevant.

Just now, Doohickie said:

That's the thing, right?  After a successful western swing, there are rumblings that the Sabres might actually be a decent team.  We don't know whether to believe it.  The team probably is trying to figure that out at the moment.  BUT, at some point, the rebuild starts to bear fruit.  Are we at that point?  If so, all the past history from the tank years will become irrelevant.

For the love of god please let's not start another tank debate 

44 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I really can't stand career stats when referring to a player against another team. The Sabres have turned over 90% of their roster the last 3 seasons. It's just nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That and pink used to be a manly colour, somehow feminists changed that ?

Pink is a manly color?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.