GDT Montreal at Buffalo Sabres 7pm ET 10-25-2018

jsb

Related image    VS     Image result for BUFFALO SABRES logo

Television: MSG

Radio: WGR 550 am

At: KeyBank Center

ESPN Game Preview: http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044454

The surprising Montreal Habs are 5-1-2 to start the season and play the Sabres who are coming off a 2 game road winning streak and a successful west coast road trip winning 3 of 5. Antti Niemi is the choice in goal for the Habs which should be an advantage for the Sabres with Carey Price not playing. Having said that Niemi is a Stanley Cup winning goalie and is 2-0 so far this year although with less than a 90 save percentage. Tatar, Domi, Petry, Byron and Drouin lead the Habs in scoring and they should be a good test for Buffalo. 

Buffalo Sabres information: From Buffalo Sabres Pressbox

• This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo 3-0 in Buffalo on March 23
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Nov. 8 in Montreal
  • The Sabres are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 3-4-3 at home
  • This is the 280th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 126-112-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 72-40-27 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 8-11-3 all-time on October 25.
  • October 25, 1991: The Sabres acquire Pat LaFontaine, Randy Wood and Randy Hillier from the Islanders in exchange for Pierre Turgeon, Uwe Krupp, Dave McLlwain and Benoit Hogue.
  • October 25, 1991: The Sabres get 31 saves from Clint Malarchuk as they top the Sharks 3-1 in the first-ever game between the teams, earning the 800th win in franchise history.
  • October 25, 2013: Rasmus Ristolainen scores a goal, recording his first NHL point in a 3-1 victory at Florida.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• A win or overtime loss tonight would give the Sabres their best start through 10 games since they began the 2011-12 season with a 6-4-0 record.
  • Patrik Berglund has six points (4+2) in his last five games against the Canadiens.
  • Zach Bogosian has recorded a point in each of his last two games (1+1) and is seeking his first three-game point streak since March 29 to April 2, 2016 (1+3).
  • Carter Hutton has appeared in four games against Montreal, posting a 1-0-2 record with a .949 save percentage and a 1.37 goals-against average.
  • Linus Ullmark stopped 21 of 22 shots (.954) in his only previous meeting with the Canadiens.

60 MINUTES
The Sabres are one of four teams that haven’t played an overtime game yet this season (Dallas, Nashville, New Jersey).

• Buffalo’s nine games are the longest the team has gone without an overtime game to start the season since 2011-12 (12 games).
  • The Sabres have had each of their last 22 games settled in regulation, dating back to March 15 vs. Toronto. It’s the team’s longest stretch without an overtime game since Buffalo went 22 games without one from Dec. 31, 1989 to Feb. 18, 1990.
  • If tonight’s game is decided in regulation, it will be the team’s longest stretch of games that were not tied after 60 minutes since they played 30 in a row from Nov. 10, 1979 to Jan. 16, 1980.
  • The team’s record for consecutive games that were not tied after regulation is 33 games from Nov. 17, 1972 to Feb. 1, 1973.

A FRESH FACE

• On Oct. 4 vs. Boston, Rasmus Dahlin (18 years, 175 days) became the second-youngest player ever to appear in a game with the Sabres, behind only fellow No. 1 pick Pierre Turgeon (18 years, 41 days on Oct. 8, 1987 vs. Minnesota).
  • Dahlin skated 22:37 in his debut, marking the highest ice time recorded by a Sabres player making his NHL debut and the 21st-highest ice time by any NHL player in his first game since the league began tracking ice time in the 1997-98 season.
  • With his assist on Oct. 11 vs. Colorado, Dahlin became the second-youngest player (18 years, 175 days) in franchise history to record a point, behind only Turgeon (18 years, 44 days on Oct. 11, 1987 vs. Washington).
  • Dahlin scored his first NHL goal on Oct. 13 at Arizona, becoming the second-youngest player (18 years, 183 days) in franchise history to score, behind only Turgeon (Oct. 21, 1987 vs. Hartford).
    • He was the youngest defenseman in 23 years to score an NHL goal. His goal came exactly 34 years after Doug Bodger (18 years, 117 days) became the youngest defenseman in the expansion era (since 1967-68) to score his first NHL goal (Oct. 13, 1984).
    • With the goal, he also became the third-youngest defenseman in NHL history to record a game-winner, trailing only Craig Wolanin of the New Jersey Devils (12/9/85 at Minnesota) and Red Garrett of the New York Rangers (12/25/42 at Detroit).

SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 10/24 games)

• Bogosian:3.8 BkS/GP (T-2nd)
  • Eichel: 38 S (T-6th)
  • Hutton: 209 SV (T-4th)
  • Ristolainen: 27 hits (T-9th), 25:20 TOI/GP (10th)
  • Sheary: 3 PPG (T-6th)
  • Skinner: 5 ESG (T-8th), plus-8 (T-9th)
  • Ullmark: .982 SV% (2nd), 0.50 GAA (2nd), 1 SO (T-2nd)

Remember GDT rules

1. No acne jokes
  2. No telling Mr. Flagg to STF..... you know the rest
  3. Logo hate was grandfathered into the rules so that's ok
  4. Please look for previous made GDT's before posting yours 
  5. Must Win
  6. LETS GO BUFFALO
Edited by jsb
added must win
  • Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, jsb said:

Related image    VS     Image result for BUFFALO SABRES logo

Television: MSG

Radio: WGR 550 am

At: KeyBank Center

ESPN Game Preview: http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044454

The surprising Montreal Habs are 5-1-2 to start the season and play the Sabres who are coming off a 2 game road winning streak and a successful west coast road trip winning 3 of 5. Antti Niemi is the choice in goal for the Habs which should be an advantage for the Sabres with Carey Price not playing. Having said that Niemi is a Stanley Cup winning goalie and is 2-0 so far this year although with less than a 90 save percentage. Tatar, Domi, Petry, Byron and Drouin lead the Habs in scoring and they should be a good test for Buffalo. 

Buffalo Sabres information: From Buffalo Sabres Pressbox

• This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo 3-0 in Buffalo on March 23
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Nov. 8 in Montreal
  • The Sabres are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 3-4-3 at home
  • This is the 280th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 126-112-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 72-40-27 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 8-11-3 all-time on October 25.
  • October 25, 1991: The Sabres acquire Pat LaFontaine, Randy Wood and Randy Hillier from the Islanders in exchange for Pierre Turgeon, Uwe Krupp, Dave McLlwain and Benoit Hogue.
  • October 25, 1991: The Sabres get 31 saves from Clint Malarchuk as they top the Sharks 3-1 in the first-ever game between the teams, earning the 800th win in franchise history.
  • October 25, 2013: Rasmus Ristolainen scores a goal, recording his first NHL point in a 3-1 victory at Florida.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• A win or overtime loss tonight would give the Sabres their best start through 10 games since they began the 2011-12 season with a 6-4-0 record.
  • Patrik Berglund has six points (4+2) in his last five games against the Canadiens.
  • Zach Bogosian has recorded a point in each of his last two games (1+1) and is seeking his first three-game point streak since March 29 to April 2, 2016 (1+3).
  • Carter Hutton has appeared in four games against Montreal, posting a 1-0-2 record with a .949 save percentage and a 1.37 goals-against average.
  • Linus Ullmark stopped 21 of 22 shots (.954) in his only previous meeting with the Canadiens.

60 MINUTES
The Sabres are one of four teams that haven’t played an overtime game yet this season (Dallas, Nashville, New Jersey).

• Buffalo’s nine games are the longest the team has gone without an overtime game to start the season since 2011-12 (12 games).
  • The Sabres have had each of their last 22 games settled in regulation, dating back to March 15 vs. Toronto. It’s the team’s longest stretch without an overtime game since Buffalo went 22 games without one from Dec. 31, 1989 to Feb. 18, 1990.
  • If tonight’s game is decided in regulation, it will be the team’s longest stretch of games that were not tied after 60 minutes since they played 30 in a row from Nov. 10, 1979 to Jan. 16, 1980.
  • The team’s record for consecutive games that were not tied after regulation is 33 games from Nov. 17, 1972 to Feb. 1, 1973.

A FRESH FACE

• On Oct. 4 vs. Boston, Rasmus Dahlin (18 years, 175 days) became the second-youngest player ever to appear in a game with the Sabres, behind only fellow No. 1 pick Pierre Turgeon (18 years, 41 days on Oct. 8, 1987 vs. Minnesota).
  • Dahlin skated 22:37 in his debut, marking the highest ice time recorded by a Sabres player making his NHL debut and the 21st-highest ice time by any NHL player in his first game since the league began tracking ice time in the 1997-98 season.
  • With his assist on Oct. 11 vs. Colorado, Dahlin became the second-youngest player (18 years, 175 days) in franchise history to record a point, behind only Turgeon (18 years, 44 days on Oct. 11, 1987 vs. Washington).
  • Dahlin scored his first NHL goal on Oct. 13 at Arizona, becoming the second-youngest player (18 years, 183 days) in franchise history to score, behind only Turgeon (Oct. 21, 1987 vs. Hartford).
    • He was the youngest defenseman in 23 years to score an NHL goal. His goal came exactly 34 years after Doug Bodger (18 years, 117 days) became the youngest defenseman in the expansion era (since 1967-68) to score his first NHL goal (Oct. 13, 1984).
    • With the goal, he also became the third-youngest defenseman in NHL history to record a game-winner, trailing only Craig Wolanin of the New Jersey Devils (12/9/85 at Minnesota) and Red Garrett of the New York Rangers (12/25/42 at Detroit).

SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 10/24 games)

• Bogosian:3.8 BkS/GP (T-2nd)
  • Eichel: 38 S (T-6th)
  • Hutton: 209 SV (T-4th)
  • Ristolainen: 27 hits (T-9th), 25:20 TOI/GP (10th)
  • Sheary: 3 PPG (T-6th)
  • Skinner: 5 ESG (T-8th), plus-8 (T-9th)
  • Ullmark: .982 SV% (2nd), 0.50 GAA (2nd), 1 SO (T-2nd)

Remember GDT rules

1. No acne jokes
  2. No telling Mr. Flagg to STF..... you know the rest
  3. Logo hate was grandfathered into the rules so that's ok
  4. Please look for previous made GDT's before posting yours 
  5. LETS GO BUFFALO

Nice logo. Let’s “slug” it out with those Habs. 

P.S. I know my joke sucks.

6 minutes ago, RambosKnife said:

Nice logo. Let’s “slug” it out with those Habs. 

P.S. I know my joke sucks.

I was gonna say

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Jesus man, please don't ever quote posts of that length ?

Quoting an entire original post like that in a GDT is what sucks.

Les Canadiens are my second team.  Mostly because my wife is from Monteal and I fondly remember seeing many games at The Forum back when we were dating and first married.  I think I have mentioned this a few times over the years.

With that said ...

MUST WIN!!

I think that Ullie gets the start and the Sabres will continue thier very good play.

GO SABRES!!

8 minutes ago, freester said:

Bergevin has really done a great job recently.  Clearly hes made some boneheaded moves in the past but the Habs look fast and young and are playing great hockey.  What a turn a round.

It won't last. They're a Price injury away from being awful again, and Tatar is at a pace he won't sustain

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I thought MTL was supposed to stink this season? WTF?

Don't be too f###king slow tonight, boys.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

They have beat 3 teams with bad goaltending and 1 team that I can't explain (Pens twice). Redwings, Blues and Flames all have questionable GT. That said, they have managed to keep goalies to a .874sv% in their wins but only a .951sv% in their losses. They appear to be shooting from everywhere and have 3 games this season with 40 SOG. I would be curious to see the heat map of their goals. Currently seeing a lot of unsustainable sh% in their top 5. 

Just now, freester said:

Kotkaniemi is a stud and Tatar, Drouin, and Domi have played very well.  They have some young talent.

They do. I don't think Domi is a center and I don't think him or Tatar can sustain this pace. We'll see though

At least we are facing Niemi tonight. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Montreal is overlooking us

6 minutes ago, freester said:

If they get Weber healthy and Price stays healthy and Mete develops they could make the playoffs

Weber is out for months, possibly the year. He won't be back until at least January. 

As for Kotkoniemi, if he's a stud than so is Reinhart. Kotko has 3 assists in 8 games. While I recognize he is a rookie and is good (I liked him in the draft), he has a long way to go. Kinda like Dahlin in that sense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.