Question: Given Ullmark's performances this season, WHY is he not the STARTER?

Scottysabres

Should Linus Ullmark be the starter?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ullmark be the Starter?

2. 2. If not, why?

• Not Ready
    • Needs more experience
    • Hasn't shown consistency
    • I'm not convinced
    • He's to short
    • I feel he is a very short shooting star
    • I just don't like the name Linus, without a blanket in tow

Because the two games Ullmark played were against the worst two teams we've faced so far.  I think he has a bright future, but there's no reason to throw him in at the deep end.

Going back to the mid-90s Red Wings, Detroit had a great tandem in the more experienced Mike Vernon and the up-and-coming Chris Osgood.  By phasing Ozzy in over a couple years, they developed him at the NHL level into one of the top ten goalies of all time.

If Ullmark is anywhere near that good, a steady approach won't hurt his long term value.

• Like (+1) 1

He beat two very bad teams, who are currently 29th and 30th. If Hutton can keep his pace up and Ullmark can beat the teams that he is supposed to beat, I think we are in a pretty good spot.

If it happens it happens, but there is no need to make him the starter, and at this point, I don't think he should be.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

The title says it all...……...answer if you wish...…..

Because he only has 2 starts and one was against the worst offensive team in the league. The other one was against a Kings team that isn't exactly good. Backup goalies and even starters are like Backup QB's in college, they come in and look great at first because teams don't have tape on them and know their tendencies. Once that happens if they continue to look good you know you have something. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Swedesessed said:

Im a big fan of Ullmark. Carter Hutton has done enough at this point to warrant the starting job. Ullmark is slowly closing that gap, we need to see more of a sample size with Linus before just handing him the #1 job.

The days of handing over starting positions has ended. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.