Favorite Halloween/horror movie?

Indabuff

6 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness.

If I'm excluding Bruce Campbell movies I'd go with Devil's Rejects or any of the George Romero zombie movies.

Knew I was forgetting something... Devil's Rejects is awesome. I know they're campy but I dig the rob zombie films. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, sabills said:

This reminded me that I need to watch The Mummy with Brendan Fraser again.

1 minute ago, josie said:

I've never seen it ?

It is well-aged cheese.  But fun.  I'm firmly of the opinion that Brendan Fraser was in on the joke the whole time, which makes it funner.

Just now, Sabel79 said:

It is well-aged cheese.  But fun.  I'm firmly of the opinion that Brendan Fraser was in on the joke the whole time, which makes it funner.

I haven't watched it in quite a while, I don't really remember it being cheesy, but it was definitely as much a comedy as it was anything else.

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

I legit love Brendan Fraser. He was so much fun. Again, dumb movie, but as a kid I loved George of the Jungle (and he wasn't bad to look at, either!). Poor guy's gone through it since. 

51 minutes ago, josie said:

Knew I was forgetting something... Devil's Rejects is awesome. I know they're campy but I dig the rob zombie films. 

Definitely. I'd also add 30 Days of Night, Death Sentence, Feast, Pathology, P2, I Spit on Your Grave, Funny Games, the Mist, the Midnight Meat Train, the Hitcher, the Signal, and Strangeland to the list. To go old school nostalgia I'd go with Gremlins and Tremors.

5 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

Definitely. I'd also add 30 Days of Night, Death Sentence, Feast, Pathology, P2, I Spit on Your Grave, Funny Games, the Mist, the Midnight Meat Train, the Hitcher, the Signal, and Strangeland to the list. To go old school nostalgia I'd go with Gremlins and Tremors.

TREMORS

dark legit wants to do a couples costume someday of the Gummers- Reba McEntire and Michael Gross. 

I just don't think anyone would get it... Need a third person to be a graboid. Maybe if we ever have a kid- swaddle it up as a weird subterranean 90s movie worm.. 

6c26a4fd5945f2553890b375748222fc.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, josie said:

TREMORS

dark legit wants to do a couples costume someday of the Gummers- Reba McEntire and Michael Gross. 

I just don't think anyone would get it... Need a third person to be a graboid. Maybe if we ever have a kid- swaddle it up as a weird subterranean 90s movie worm.. 

I would get it/love it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, josie said:

TREMORS

This x10000 

16 hours ago, ubkev said:

Halloween. Nothing else comes close for me. But I like the old slasher movies.

3 hours ago, mphs mike said:

Halloween - I've had a thing for Jamie Lee since seeing her on the big screen in 1978 

Sound up for this clip. It's an original audio recording of an opening weekend audience's reaction to the climactic scene, synced with the movie itself. Amazing.

Edited by That Aud Smell

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I was on a horror movie jag with a girlfriend in college. We were going to watch all of the franchise films. We got to Halloween 3 and the movie was so bad and honestly so bizarre we both lost interest in watching any more movies for a long time. Horrible movie. How that got made as halloween 3 is totally beyond me

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

There's a Chapelle Show skit... something something something 4 thumbs down!!!!

I won't hold it against you guys that you are both wrong.

If you are thinking it's a "Halloween" movie, I get it. Buy if you watch it as a John Carpenter movie (which only the first Halloween was) then it's awesome. C'mon, killer robots and kids heads turning into snakes?! What's better than that? … And that song…

I stand by my selection.

N.S. is right though. The Omen is right up there. All three acually. 1>3>2

Halloween. While we were out in L.A. this year, we went to Pasadena and found the original Myers house (which is now a business). 

Halloween II and III are really good. I enjoyed the new Halloween (saw it at the theaters on Friday). The Conjuring, the Insidious movies, the Paranormal Activity movies (except "the Marked Ones), Evil Dead I, II and Army of Darkness and Devil's Rejects.

Newer films this year I enjoyed were Hereditary and Unfriended: Dark Web.  

19 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I was on a horror movie jag with a girlfriend in college. We were going to watch all of the franchise films. We got to Halloween 3 and the movie was so bad and honestly so bizarre we both lost interest in watching any more movies for a long time. Horrible movie. How that got made as halloween 3 is totally beyond me

John Carpenter's original idea was to make movies based around "Halloween" and not keep them all around Michael Myers. But once Carpenter saw everyone's reactions when people wanted to see Michael Myers, he changed it back for the 4th Halloween. I think "Prince of Darkness" was originally intended to be in the Halloween franchise. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.