Has Jack found 1 of his long term solutions at wing, Jeff Skinner

Scottysabres

Re-sign or deadline trade, you make the call  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign or deadline trade, you make the call

• Move him at the deadline
    • re-sign him

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jake Guentzel was drafted 77th overall or in the 3rd round. 

We already have 3 firsts in a deep draft. I'd rather keep the known item that is Skinner.

I'd love to keep him too. I'd also really love to ride this chic very often: 

image.jpeg.c3d4d2ca209510b16350f13151804704.jpeg

She has not yet answered one of my hundreds of letters yet, though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this topic was premature, but I’m beginning to change my mind.  Skinner is certainly having a magical season in a contract year, but in truth he has been a sniper looking for a real center for his entire career.  He finally has one and bam he is a goal scoring machine.  The goal last night really illustrated how they have quickly learned to read and trust each other.  Jack doesn’t try that play unless he knows Jeff will get open. 

Just imagine how many goals Vanek would have scored had he ever played with a center of Jack’s skill?

Skinner would be a fool to jump ship and try to find a better situation.  Young and up and coming team. Close to home.  Great chemistry with an elite center. 

I also have come to really enjoy how hard Skinner works both forechecking and backchecking.  I also like that he has a bit of an edge.  He is a little like Marchand without the cheap shots and dirty play.  I actually now see the Marchand/Bergeron like potential of a longterm pairing of Jack with Jeff.

I know Jbot doesn’t like to move to quickly on a contract extension, but sometimes one has to do something out of the comfort zone, because it is necessary.  Re-signing Skinner is becoming necessary. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Skinner would be a fool to jump ship and try to find a better situation.  Young and up and coming team. Close to home.  Great chemistry with an elite center. 

Watching Skinner's interviews and his "character" on the ice, I don't get the impression he doesn't realize what's going on.  There is no way he finds a better situation than what he has here.  If he winds up being all about the money I will be so disappointed and will join TBPhD in his hate for Skinner.  I mean, he's owed a big contract, no doubt, but he should sign it with the Sabres.

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Watching Skinner's interviews and his "character" on the ice, I don't get the impression he doesn't realize what's going on.  There is no way he finds a better situation than what he has here.  If he winds up being all about the money I will be so disappointed and will join TBPhD in his hate for Skinner.  I mean, he's owed a big contract, no doubt, but he should sign it with the Sabres.

Agreed.

I think being in Carolina for as long as he was, in a non-hockey town, has probably had an impact on him. I bet he's much happier here. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.