Was this win a sign of good things to come?

GASabresIUFAN

IIRC, they had 28 one goal losses last season.   

That is, the number of times were trailing by one goal late in the game and lost.   

Wether or not the opposing team scores into the empty net, as time is running out, is irrelevant when considering how close the game actually was.    

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm ready to believe. Who will join me?

I'm in. Which is why I emphatically want some sort of move. Nothing dumb and big like the sens and Duchene last year, but I'm still worried about sustainability of non-Jeff-or-Jack-created ES scoring. These guys have shown they deserve some backing and attention to their weaknesses. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

Another quality win against a hated rival who had only 1 regulation loss so far.  Another great effort for 60 minutes.  Another comeback win and another 1 goal win.  Nice to have an exciting win at home. Nice to have a Sam Reinhart sighting.  A healthy McCabe looks much better then the mess we saw last season.

I know Jack didn’t have a point tonight, but he deserved an assist on the last goal.  Raz looks like he is about to pass it to Jack, but Jack lifts his stick and point to KO.  Dahlin quickly passes the puck to KO and game over.

if we are still playing like this in a couple of more weeks, this team could become scary good.

• Like (+1) 2

The last time the Sabres were good (enough to be in the playoffs) was 2011- dark and I were just starting to date. I remember sitting in a room full of boxes as I was between apartments and crashing at my friend's place, watching the Vancouver riots with him... 

I know 7.5 years isn't that long of a time, but when I realize that for the entirety of our relationship, the Sabres have been a downer, it seems like a lot. 

I'm ready to go to some games this year. I'm not under a spell- we could still fall off a cliff due to injury or godknowswhat, we're not cup bound, we'll be beyond lucky if we squeak in a wildcard playoff bubble race. I don't expect great success (though I wouldn't completely rule out some pleasant surprises). We're going to have some terrible losses- even stretches of awful. The Fire Housley threads will rear their heads every couple of weeks. But I also think we're going to have some fun games, some good wins, and overall a reason to enjoy a beer most nights they're playing. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are good signs.

1) attitude. we aren't quitting when we get down.

2) stable goaltending and some big stops at key moments. This leads to confidence and belief in the ability to come back.

3) most of all, the D is a LOT better. This has helped the goaltending look better. Last year we were terrible at clearing rebounds and since Lehner was weak on controlling them we got sunk a lot on that. Also, obviously, the D is gaining confidence and joining the rush, creating chances. This is the backbone of the system. Housley's system does not work with a crappy D but now we see it may just all come together. 

There is definitely hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.