GDT 10-21-18 Sabres vs Anaheim 8pm ET

jsb

2 minutes ago, N S said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Sabres rained on the Ducks parade for one of their best ever players and one of the best to ever play the game.

I liked Paul as a player and hated the way his career ended, but I am glad that if any team was going to ruin his night it was the Sabres.

By the by, you were right about Nelson. There was a shot of his face last night, I think during the anthems... man, if this guy doesn't have hockey helmets on skulls in his basement, no one does.

Edited by PASabreFan
sticky keyboard
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This 5 game stretch is the longest road trip of the season for the Sabres. It also marked our first back-to-back. Successful trip all around I'd say

When was the last time the Sabres went 2-0 (in regulation, no less) on a back-to-back?

Very upbeat GDT. It's nice to see. Does Phil finally have his lines right?? I was curious about Pominville on Jack's wing and some here did not like the Skinner addition but that line is just plain clicking right now. I also think Sobotka adds some chemistry to the Sheary-Reinhart line. Casey's confidence is rising game after game, he's also more physical than I thought he'd be. For all the grief Larsson-Girgs and Berglund receive they improve the PK by leaps and bounds and they make whatever line they're playing against miserable. 

Is Bogosian the most popular player on the team?? The team just seems to rally around this guy. Check the bench when he's in a fight, the young guys all have this wide eyed wonderment with him, it's like they know he's got their back. He's actually been playing pretty well with Scandella also. Plus did Phil fall into a great pairing of Dahlin and Nelson. It seems that Dahlin feels like he's the man on that pairing and he's been more aggressive in his play and is starting to take over. His skill level is off the charts for a Dman.

Skinner has some attitude to go with his play, is he our Marchand in the making?? Plus our goal keeping is leaps and bounds better than last year. It's nice to be so positive about this team for a change. Also this is for Pi, Skinner is +8 in +/- this year, Bogosian is 2nd on the team with +3, I can't even remember when we've had 2 guys on the positive side of these things. One last thing to A.Amerk, you may be 1-0 but I'm now 4 and 1 baby.

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I loved everything I saw about that game last night and then I heard this morning that LA and Anaheim are the 2 worst puck possession teams in the NHL? I was kind of hoping that it was more the Sabres dominating than anything else. Still, it was the best game I have watched in years.

Arizona sits 4th in corsi%. Ducks are 31st. Kings are 22nd. Sharks are 1st. Knights are 3rd

Sabres sit at 19th for corsi%. 

Edited by LGR4GM

That was a great game to watch last night. Right before Anaheim's 2nd goal when we had that insane shift of sustained possession in their zone I thought to myself "please don't give up a goal on a rush right after this" and then that happened and I was dejected. Was ecstatic to see them rebound with two quick goals after that to tie it up.

re: Mittlestadt being sent to the A, I don't see it happening. He was just "promoted" to the PP1 unit, to me that's a tell that he's here to stay for the time being. Tage, on the other hand, he's not going to learn anything being the extra forward so I'd expect to see him sent down. The question there is does anyone get called up to replace him or do they keep 22 players on the current roster?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.