Chris Collins Bringing Steve Bannon to Buffalo

Eleven

Is Larry Piegza getting any attention in the burbs?  He's the Independent Party candidate I think (independent + party, isn't that an oxymoron?)?  Making alot of noise about being a genuine Trump candidate, supporting all the Trump plans/policies.  His press releases indicate polling numbers moving his way.

Man, this is a weird election with a trial hanging over Collins head.  And Trump still getting pretty good support.

12 hours ago, Weave said:

Is Larry Piegza getting any attention in the burbs?  He's the Independent Party candidate I think (independent + party, isn't that an oxymoron?)?  Making alot of noise about being a genuine Trump candidate, supporting all the Trump plans/policies.  His press releases indicate polling numbers moving his way.

Man, this is a weird election with a trial hanging over Collins head.  And Trump still getting pretty good support.

I've never hear of Piegza, but I don't live in that district.

I've come to a decision about Collins.  Next time I see him, I'm going to say something about this.  I lay off of the guy because when I see him, we're in the company of a mutual friend whom I respect (the mutual friend in question is much closer with Collins than with me, but still, he's a guy I respect), and it would be impolite to confront him. But this its going too far.  And I don't think it's terribly impolite to just say, "Hi Chris, good to see you.  But I gotta tell you, bringing Bannon into my hometown was a step over the line."

Edited by Eleven

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I've never hear of Piegza, but I don't live in that district.

I've come to a decision about Collins.  Next time I see him, I'm going to say something about this.  I lay off of the guy because when I see him, we're in the company of a mutual friend whom I respect (the mutual friend in question is much closer with Collins than with me, but still, he's a guy I respect), and it would be impolite to confront him. But this its going too far.  And I don't think it's terribly impolite to just say, "Hi Chris, good to see you.  But I gotta tell you, bringing Bannon into my hometown was a step over the line."

I'm not sure I could muster a "good to see you". 

Local rag had an article last week detailing how he might be able to defend his accusations.  My guts telling me the slimy son of a bitch gets off.

Just now, Weave said:

I'm not sure I could muster a "good to see you". 

Local rag had an article last week detailing how he might be able to defend his accusations.  My guts telling me the slimy son of a bitch gets off.

He is one smarmy SOB.  I mean, it's palpable.  But the context in which I see him demands a handshake and a "good to see you," no matter how much I want a chlorine shower afterward.  I do often manage to just avoid him, but it doesn't always work out.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He is one smarmy SOB.  I mean, it's palpable.  But the context in which I see him demands a handshake and a "good to see you," no matter how much I want a chlorine shower afterward.  I do often manage to just avoid him, but it doesn't always work out.

Sounds like smarmy would be an acceptable return then.

I was somewhat disappointed last year to learn I didn't live in Collins district. I would vote against him. This election will be interesting. You have brazen criminals and racists running against career politicians and minority candidates (in several places not all). The fact that Collins is running against a highly educated Fulbright winner from the area hopefully means something but in the US today, everything is upside down. I'd vote McMurray over Collins everyday of the week. 

Edited by LGR4GM