GDT: Sabres at LA Kings 10/20/18 3:30PM MSG, WGR

Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

'how much discombobulated...how the hard....'

Rob Ray is on an absolute heater today 

No, you're right.  Maybe it's too early for Rob.  He may need a few pops before a game and the afternoon games don't allow that.

• Sad 1

I think various "line" infractions should be treated uniformly, which is why I hate that you can challenge offsides but they're so lax on hitting the red line for icings. 

Teams deliberately ice the puck when under pressure, knowing what they're doing, and also do it when they miss a pass on accident, and the icings aren't treated differently. And that's more relevant/important to gameplay than a play that's already offsides. 

I like that Skinner, Sheary, Pommers really want to get to the front of the net. All guys that came in from outside of the organization (with the obvious caveat for Pominville) 

Just now, WildCard said:

I absolutely hate Housley's insistence on off balance wristers from the corners on the point. That works, what? 1/100 times? There has to be some other better option. Either send it down low or across to your partner

There's evidence to suggest that he really wants this to be a staple of their game unfortunately 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

There's evidence to suggest that he really wants this to be a staple of their game unfortunately 

Oh 100% he does. It's been obvious for awhile, I just figured at some point he'd learn. Unfortunately if I've learned one thing about Housley it's that he's a slow learner, if he does at all

Edited by WildCard

I think @dudacek was onto something with Kyle. He's more useful down low using his shoulders for guys like Casey who have less strength right now than he is up above the net in a place you need playmaking and good/quick shooting to happen. That's why the 71-37-21 line has worked in their very brief time together. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.