GDT: Sabres at LA Kings 10/20/18 3:30PM MSG, WGR

Andrew Amerk

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Sabres have yet to play a close game. Weird.

4 wins collective score 15-4

4 loses, collective score 19-3

Interesting.  The Jekyll and Hyde Sabres were at it again.  They either get blown out, or blow out, the opposition.    I am pleasantly surprised - I figured we'd be two games below .500, instead of back at .500 8 games in.   Great stuff - we'll take it whenever we can get it.   However, the Kings have been Sabres' bad this season - at or near the bottom of the league stats in every important regard - they're the sort of team we CAN beat,  if motivated.  

Wonder if Bogo's brawl at the end of the Sharks' debacle sparked some kind of fire that carried into this one?      

16 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Glad they're doing well but this team is Jekyll and Hyde.   

Welcome!!

16 hours ago, SDS said:

It’s more the opponent. 

I tend to agree, but Vegas was an odd situation, no?  Sabres looked great at home and aweful on the road.  Maybe there is some truth the Vegas myth.

6 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

It’s a nice problem to have. Which good goalie do I put in net? 

I have to eat crow on my pregame post about Pommers playing with Jack. He scored a dirty goal and I believe got an apple too.

Skinner goes to the dirty areas and I’m back on board with him and Jack playing together. Maybe throw a big guy like TT on that line to see what happens.

It sure is nice trying to decide which goaltender to use. 

I just wish Housley would choose wiser, lol. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

It seems obvious to me that Ullmark should go tonight, but I don't know everything the coach and staff know. (Like if he strained something or bruised something yesterday.)

Linus did his best against the two worst offenses in the league. Hutton has played well against some of the best. 

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well it was nice that Skinner finally decided to show up. He continues to play like that and I take back all my earlier doubts/thoughts on the trade.

People scoffed at Bogo getting an A, wanted it to go to Sam as I remember. Decision looks pretty good right now imo. 

I think this win might have been more about how bad they were than how good we were, but I'll take it. Much more fun  to watch a win obviously and signs of life were there.

Bogo with the A kinda reminds me of when Rob Ray had it. This is a locker room and someone who sticks up for his boys A. I’m good with him having it. He is also a decent/good player so better than Ray in that stand point. Rob Ray was my favorite player growing up so I don’t know if that has me thinking this way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.