GDT: Sabres at San Jose 10/18/18 10:30 PM MSG, WGR

thewookie1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Yea, just want to see competitive hockey, since they've decided to play, I'll show up and support, but it wouldn't be fun if I didn't at least hit all the latest Sabrespace talking points ?

Hey, just trying to fit in ?

Besides, win or lose, I'll always bitch about Okposo, didn't like the signing, don't like the player. Risto on the other hand......yea, guilty of believing he is better than he actually is. But, I stand by my page 1 post, Buffalo 4, SJ 2 ?

A literal explosion? Jeez dude glad you're well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Yea, just want to see competitive hockey, since they've decided to play, I'll show up and support, but it wouldn't be fun if I didn't at least hit all the latest Sabrespace talking points ?

Hey, just trying to fit in ?

Besides, win or lose, I'll always bitch about Okposo, didn't like the signing, don't like the player. Risto on the other hand......yea, guilty of believing he is better than he actually is. But, I stand by my page 1 post, Buffalo 4, SJ 2 ?

I hope your prediction holds. You need a win.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

How does everyone feel about our best offensive player always standing off to the side at a horrendous angle, distributing the puck or taking a shot that has very little chance of going in (someone fancy-stat me on Eichel's off-wing one-timer success rate on peepers).

Only 1 goal doing that so far this year.

2 minutes ago, hockeyhound said:

Good luck with your recovery, I know how difficult it can be.

Yea hh, this one sucked, knocked me for a loop, was in a harness, at 40' elevation, right above the turbines at Covanta in NF. Dam blow down tank on the opposite side of a thin skinned wall blew, just a blow down valve failure, it happens. But the blast blew me off the beam, slammed me in to another and left me dangling for 10 minutes or so.

I can honestly say it was the first time in my life I think I lost conciseness. I don't remember anything, my spotter says it was a minute or so...……..Just glad to be alive man, just glad to be alive...….

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

How does everyone feel about our best offensive player always standing off to the side at a horrendous angle, distributing the puck or taking a shot that has very little chance of going in (someone fancy-stat me on Eichel's off-wing one-timer success rate on peepers).

I like him distributing the puck on the PP, but I'm not sure where the best place to do that from would be, for him. 

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's where he belongs; same spot Giroux and plenty of others captain the PP from. Not his fault 2 of the others on PP1 have been useless. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have to ask, is what Kyle did tonight more egregious than Berglund last game? And would Kyle ever get healthy scratched for it? Not trying to jump  on Kyle, but I do wonder if Phil would be consistent in situations like this. 

Considering Phil has kept him on PP1, I doubt he’s considering scratching him. He seems to have a crush on him like McD has with Peterman. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Sounds like Jochen Hecht.

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Hey, I'm in rare form tonight, the Mrs. told me "I'll buy your beer honey", I drink Heiny's, she brought home rolling rock, not shitting you either lol.

I'm actually convalescing right now, I was in an explosion at work 2 days ago, really gives you pause for thought.

bitter-beer-face-gif-keystone-light-lage

• Haha (+1) 1

So, backhand blind pass from Jack in the O zone to the sharks

The stupid Rasmus drop pass on the PP with absolutley zero momentum

The awful PK letting Karlsson walk right in, followed by a nearly anemic PP, with okposo still on it. 

Fumbled passes all over. 

I'm not quite as impressed by these guys as some, I'm not loving the penalty fest either, they need to get their heads outta their @sses and play nhl hockey 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The awful PK letting Karlsson walk right in, followed by a nearly anemic PP, with okposo still on it. 

Fumbled passes all over. 

I'm not quite as impressed by these guys as some, I'm not loving the penalty fest either, they need to get their heads outta their @sses and play nhl hockey 

Great post. ?

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Fumbled passes all over. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yea hh, this one sucked, knocked me for a loop, was in a harness, at 40' elevation, right above the turbines at Covanta in NF. Dam blow down tank on the opposite side of a thin skinned wall blew, just a blow down valve failure, it happens. But the blast blew me off the beam, slammed me in to another and left me dangling for 10 minutes or so.

I can honestly say it was the first time in my life I think I lost conciseness. I don't remember anything, my spotter says it was a minute or so...……..Just glad to be alive man, just glad to be alive...….

After a life-threatening experience... you're supposed to find meaning or start going on magical vacations or at least go hang-gliding or something...  Not... watch 2018-19 Sabres games.

• Haha (+1) 1

Minute 1: Sharks press early, and again after a Buffalo change. Despite modest chances by Sheary and Eichel and a Sobotka hit on E. Kane, slight advantage to SJ, who established themselves in Buffalo territory in the very early going.

Minute 2: A little pressure by the Sabres in the first 30 seconds is ended by Karlsson's rush and Okposo's double minor. Jaws music playing is enough to tilt this minute to the Sharks.

Minute 3: Sabres odd-man rush shorthanded, time-sapping scrum and late clear. Edge to Buffalo.

Minute 4: All San Jose, with pressure before and after their goal.

Minute 5: See Minute 4, except a determined Eichel, a pinching Beaulieu and a strong shift by 29-71-28 made it not as one-sided.

Minute 6: Pominville's turnover ends his line's pressure, and the Sabres head back to the box. Sharks.

Minute 7: Strong penalty killing minute with a Sobotka clear and a pair of Beaulieu highlights (steal and clear; clear). Sabres get the nod here.

Minute 8: All SJ before a Bogo clear, Sabres avoid going down 3-0 and then Sharks take a penalty. Buffalo, again!

Minute 9: Sabres give the puck away with their goalie pulled, not a good omen for the minute. SJ clears x2, and Risto's shot is blocked and easily cleared. San Jose.

Minute 10: Dahlin covers up Chi Chi's mistake. Peeper ends. Uh, SJ?

Sharks win 7 minutes, Sabres 3. First minute is Exhibit A in the case against the Sabres being ready to play. It wasn't egregious though, but every time they made a positive play or two, they gave it back with penalties. The PK after going down 2-0 seemed to right their ship, but then they couldn't cut the lead in half with their own power play. McCabe shoving Pavelski out of the way comically after the Sharks had scored was the defining moment of the first 10: too little, too late, ineffective.

haha that took me the whole intermission.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.