GDT: Sabres at San Jose 10/18/18 10:30 PM MSG, WGR

thewookie1

Tonight your Buffalo Sabres face off against the San Jose Sharks!

BUF is 3-3 with 6 points

We are coming off a 4-1 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights on Tuesday.

Our leading scorers are Eichel with 5 points and Eichel/Sheary with 3 goals

SJS is 2-3-1 with 5 points

They are coming off a 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Sunday.

Their leading scorers are Evander Kane and Kevin Labanc with 5 points and Evander Kane with 4 goals

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Who will win this game?

giphy.gif giphy.gif

When Jack makes that face, combined with his little dirt beard, he reminds me a lot of a dude I used to do rum slaps with in college.

Rum slaps- shot of rum, slap the other person- order depends on how drunk you are. Really highbrow stuff. This dude in particular smacked a girl so hard he knocked her out. So yep. I'm now thinking of him when I see Jack.

Quality post, here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, josie said:

When Jack makes that face, combined with his little dirt beard, he reminds me a lot of a dude I used to do rum slaps with in college.

Rum slaps- shot of rum, slap the other person- order depends on how drunk you are. Really highbrow stuff. This dude in particular smacked a girl so hard he knocked her out. So yep. I'm now thinking of him when I see Jack.

Quality post, here. 

Pretty sure I could never bring myself to play that game...

33 minutes ago, josie said:

Quality post, here. 

What could possibly go wrong playing rum slaps?   haha

We used to play a similar game, but with flaming Dr. Pepper's.    My buddy ended up spilling his flaming beverage all over his face and suffered severe burns... during 1993 spring break in Panama City.      Good times.

40 minutes ago, josie said:

Quality post, here. 

I'm sure dark appreciates you letting all of his skeletons out of the closet.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Hutton 4-1-1 career against SJS with a .955 and 1.32

So, you are telling me there's a chance, eh?

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

What could possibly go wrong playing rum slaps?   haha

We used to play a similar game, but with flaming Dr. Pepper's.    My buddy ended up spilling his flaming beverage all over his face and suffered severe burns... during 1993 spring break in Panama City.      Good times.

gughh I once had a run in with a flaming shot of 151... but that sounds worse. 

5 minutes ago, N S said:

I'm sure dark appreciates you letting all of his skeletons out of the closet.

Actually I don't remember dark ever taking part in that particular shenanigan. He was usually too busy running the beer pong table or leading somewhat patriotic sing alongs. 

I'm still waiting for this team to play a close game. 

Just saw a tweet that there have been zero game-tying-goals in any of the 6 Sabres games, because the team that has scored first (always in the first) has held onto their lead the whole time. And for themost part, the leads for either team have settled in at at least 2 goals most of the way, which is why we either get caved in or are caving teams in, and why those happen in the situations you'd not expect at the surface (better stats when we're getting our butt kicked and vice versa). 

Anyway, at some point we're going to settle in like all teams and be in for lots of 2-2, 3-2, 2-1 third periods, as always happens as the season goes on.

Over the last ~50 games, Evan Rodrigues is our most efficient ES scorer (points per ice time), is the driving reason why the fourth line is the best line relative to its role for us so far, and is one of the only Sabres winning their tiny ES sample size of goal differential. He did all of this playing with only bottom six guys (though last year Sam Reinhart was his 5th-most-paired-with forward, at a few minutes I think haha). 

I'm not saying that he needs to be put next to Jack, but if we're down early in Vegas, there's no reason for this guy to be struggling to get 10 minutes of ES ice time when a guy like Sobotka is 3rd among all forwards. 

Let's see you know your team, Phil. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some interesting stats

1. Skinner-Rodrigues and Beaulieu lead the team in +/- at  +2
  2. Jack is last at -6 followed closely by Risto, Sheary and Reinhart at -5
  3. Berglund our new whipping boy it seems has as many equal strenght assists as Reinhart and Sheary..... 1 and both of them on Jack's goal
  4. Bogosian broke the Vegas bank by playing the entire game Tuesday and playing just over 16 minutes at +/- of 0
  5. He also led the team in blocked shots and hits
  6. In comparison last game Dahlin was -2 and Risto was -3
  7. Someone mentioned Rodrigues but did you know Sobotka is averaging a minute more of TOI than Skinner also

36 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Over the last ~50 games, Evan Rodrigues is our most efficient ES scorer (points per ice time), is the driving reason why the fourth line is the best line relative to its role for us so far, and is one of the only Sabres winning their tiny ES sample size of goal differential. He did all of this playing with only bottom six guys (though last year Sam Reinhart was his 5th-most-paired-with forward, at a few minutes I think haha). 

I'm not saying that he needs to be put next to Jack, but if we're down early in Vegas, there's no reason for this guy to be struggling to get 10 minutes of ES ice time when a guy like Sobotka is 3rd among all forwards. 

Let's see you know your team, Phil. 

Rodrigues being under-appreciated around here, and on the Sabres, might be my biggest gripe so far. The kid gives 100% on every shift and he's more talented than people seem to give him credit for. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Rodrigues being under-appreciated around here, and on the Sabres, might be my biggest gripe so far. The kid gives 100% on every shift and he's more talented than people seem to give him credit for. 

I like ERod.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.