GDT: Sabres at Vegas 10/16/18 10:00 PM MSG, WGR

Sabel79

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

OK, Mr. Smarty-Pants.  I appreciate the links but I don't think DBTB has any advance info on lineups.

I've been a bit disappointed in Berglund -- I feel like his line never generates any offense, and his playmaking skills are closer to Larsson-level (i.e. zero) than I was expecting.

I think this is an expecations thing, because I was expecting almost nothing and feel like he hasn't been a disaster, so thats a plus in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

OK, Mr. Smarty-Pants.  I appreciate the links but I don't think DBTB has any advance info on lineups.

I should have put in a couple of smiley faces so it didn't come across as obnoxious. 

You obviously don't like Berglund if after 5 games your lumping him in as Larsson. He's been more of a finishing Center than he's ever been an assist man or playmaker.

For Berglund, isn't this what all his fancystats said he was? When on the ice he suppresses everything: their scoring chances and our own. It's why he's a bad mix with Skinner. Skinner can create on his own, but give him Lord Casey and they'll be exciting at all times (plus lob passes from Risto and breakouts from Dahlin).

Welcome, Sue! (That's not a moon messageboard, it's a Sabrespace station.)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Sue Mushedchi said:

Tap, tap.

Is this thing working?

I AM ROOTING FOR MY HOMETOWN SABRES IN TONIGHT'S GAME!

MY FAVORITE PLAYER, RASMUS "RISTO," WILL SKATE, FIGHT, AND SCOOOORE!!!

Welcome Sue ! we sure hope so ?

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

For Berglund, isn't this what all his fancystats said he was? When on the ice he suppresses everything: their scoring chances and our own. It's why he's a bad mix with Skinner. Skinner can create on his own, but give him Lord Casey and they'll be exciting at all times (plus lob passes from Risto and breakouts from Dahlin).

Welcome, Sue! (That's not a moon messageboard, it's a Sabrespace station.)

Yea we can see now why St.Louis is happy they got rid of him

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Let's go, Buffalo!

Also: A quick look indicates that Vegas's basic possession stats are excellent, and its puck luck is awful. Fingers crossed that the Sabres continue to benefit from a run of bad luck for tonight's home team.

So the opposite of last season

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Let's go, Buffalo!

Also: A quick look indicates that Vegas's basic possession stats are excellent, and its puck luck is awful. Fingers crossed that the Sabres continue to benefit from a run of bad luck for tonight's home team.

I would rather we have good possession stats and outplay them. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:
John VoglVerified account @BuffaloVogl 1m1 minute ago
MoLooks like Larsson, Elie, Nelson and Tennyson will sit
John VoglVerified account @BuffaloVogl 3m3 minutes ago
MorZach Bogosian again paired with Nathan Beaulieu at morning skate and is set to make season debut.

Don't they need to send somebody down?

32 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

His advanced stats always sucked, but he sure won a lot! ? 

Bad Corsi number, lol 

Pfffft, advanced stats. Hannibal had awesome advanced stats and he got trounced in the big game by a red hot Scipio.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Pfffft, advanced stats. Hannibal had awesome advanced stats and he got trounced in the big game by a red hot Scipio.

Scipio!  What a day.

Patton at Zama, “It was here ...”.

Edited by Neo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.