Olofsson AHL player of the Week and now Month

LGR4GM

https://theahl.com/amerks-olofsson-ccm-ahl-player-of-the-week

The American Hockey League announced today that Rochester Americans forward Victor Olofsson has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending October 14, 2018.

He had 2gwg and a stat line of 3g, 4a in 3 games. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Olofsson was the guy I had pegged as my under the radar prospect for this year. Granted I thought he'd make the team right off the bat, but I still think he's going to be a steal where/when we got him

He was one of Tim Murray's picks?

a 7th round pick is a Sabres prospect as a surprise sleeper?

It's about dam time we hit on one of these late rounders. He looks like a solid sniper. How's his speed? Defensive game?

Does it appear he is top 3, 6 material?

And most important of all, I have a 22 year old daughter, photographer, where's he hang out? Inquiring Dad wants to know.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

It's about dam time we hit on one of these late rounders. He looks like a solid sniper. How's his speed? Defensive game?

And most important of all, I have a 22 year old daughter, photographer, where's he hang out? Inquiring Dad wants to know.

His size at the time of the draft may have had a bit to do with where he went in the draft....and still might in the NHL, but think he'll be OK. Top 6 and maybe Top 3.

Sorry, don,t know where he "hangs out".

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Speed good. Defense is good. He needs to add muscle. He's either a top 6 winger or not in the NHL. I don't think he fits the typically 3rd line and a 4th line role would be a waste. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2018 at 1:08 AM, Scottysabres said:

His speed is impressive, his defensive play is average i guess but his skills on the offence is utterly awesome. 

Ive warched this young man play sinch youth and he is a very powerful weapon on powerplay, he also has a good overall hockey sense and usually doesnt make any big misstakes. He will get his chance soon i bet! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Norcal said:

Dude can flat out shoot the puck.

He can but he needs to work on his overall game which is why I think we will see him stay in Rochester for the majority of the year. Develop him properly, allow him to have success but also work on what he needs to fix. 

He only needs to be proficient defensively.  His smart play will make up for it hopefully.  But what he has we need:  a scoring touch and a wicked shot.  I am so sick of watching our inept offense that I cant wait to get some pure goal scorers. If we are going to be losers at least give us some electric goals regularly and lose 6-5 rather than watching our 2 goals a game snoozefests.  At this point at least entertain us! 

• Like (+1) 1

Little thing on VO and Pilut from Joe Yerdon of the Athletic if you've got a sub:

https://theathletic.com/597825/2018/10/18/former-swedish-rivals-victor-olofsson-and-lawrence-pilut-exchange-raves-as-rochester-teammates/

Nothing earth shaking, a little bit about them being rivals before and playing on the same team now, and about how they're both willing to work for the NHL.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/18/2018 at 6:39 AM, LGR4GM said:

He can but he needs to work on his overall game which is why I think we will see him stay in Rochester for the majority of the year. Develop him properly, allow him to have success but also work on what he needs to fix. 

Absolutely. Keep em all down, let them learn to win together. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.