GDT: Sabres at Arizona 10/13/18, 9pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

SORRY!

(I wanted to write an uplifting first post... the 6-1 loss looked too much like last season... or the season before that...

-It would be nice if the Sabres could win this -- but it will probably only happen if Hutton steals it like in his first win -- or -- they get really lucky with bounces and stick-checks like they did in their second win! They are still a first-goal-wins-or-loses-the-game team -- and -- so far -- like last year, are usually not able to come back after a bad first period.

Oh, I don't understand the lineup -- so, I am not optimistic about the season -- for the first time in my 40+ years as a Sabres' fan -- I think the team might actually do worse than the season before -- please Sabres prove me wrong -- please!

I only hope that I am wrong -- or -- that, if the team losses a lot -- please play the kids! This is not a team that needs a tweak here or there -- it needs to figure out the players that will be able to contribute to a winning team now and for the future. Play the kids!

Not an inspiring lineup to me. Beyond the Sheary/Skinner attempt to fill Jack's wing (they both look a lot like Innis or Griffin to me???) experiment, I am lost at who the other players are and how they are supposed to fit in.

Keep skating The Kid (Dahlin) -- I am fine with that -- but otherwise, there does not seem to be any accountability for staying in the Sabres' lineup and no merit system for what lines the players play on.

8 minutes ago, NAO said:

SORRY!

(I wanted to write an uplifting first post... the 6-1 loss looked too much like last season... or the season before that...

-It would be nice if the Sabres could win this -- but it will probably only happen if Hutton steals it like in his first win -- or -- they get really lucky with bounces and stick-checks like they did in their second win! They are still a first-goal-wins-or-loses-the-game team -- and -- so far -- like last year, are usually not able to come back after a bad first period.

Oh, I don't understand the lineup -- so, I am not optimistic about the season -- for the first time in my 40+ years as a Sabres' fan -- I think the team might actually do worse than the season before -- please Sabres prove me wrong -- please!

I only hope that I am wrong -- or -- that, if the team losses a lot -- please play the kids! This is not a team that needs a tweak here or there -- it needs to figure out the players that will be able to contribute to a winning team now and for the future. Play the kids!

Not an inspiring lineup to me. Beyond the Sheary/Skinner attempt to fill Jack's wing (they both look a lot like Innis or Griffin to me???) experiment, I am lost at who the other players are and how they are supposed to fit in.

Keep skating The Kid (Dahlin) -- I am fine with that -- but otherwise, there does not seem to be any accountability for staying in the Sabres' lineup and no merit system for what lines the players play on.

If the Sabres are worse than last season, they need to fire and trade everyone not named Dahlin 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Avs have been scoring a lot of goals, but the Coyotes have not. They have been shut out twice. Avs look like a really good team and Coyotes don't. Assuming we are now a middle of the road team, we should beat Coyotes. Hurrah for mediocre! It is a step up. 

Coyotes have some key injuries, one big reason for the slow start.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.