Practice Updates 10-12-18

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I also think, offensively, Jeff has played pretty well, and has had some significant chances that didn't bounce his way. He will score 25 this year, and we'll be a stronger team when they start going in

I'm worried about the other parts of the lineup because we have no guarantee that any of Okie, Berglund, Tage, Mitts, and their LW start producing and controlling things at ES anytime soon. 

Once Skinner gets one, he'll be up to 6 a week later.  I feel like we've seen it a million times, the snakebit goal scorer explodes once he gets a goal.  I think it was two years ago where Kane started horribly and then still wound up close to 30.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, darksabre said:

For the record, I have never once advocated for Mittelstadt going to Rochester. 

I'd like to see him and Tage sent down with Nylander and CJ Smith in their place. You lose a center but you gain speed and a more offensive dynamic. Lines could be:

43-9-23

53-10-92

49-71-21

81-28-29

I think that a lot more well rounded than anything we've seen so far

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SDS said:

I guess my thought is what pairing would give you the most scoring chances and hopefully goals to follow. I figured Skinner was brought here to skate with Jack. Maybe Reinhart isn't the best guy to skate with those two at the moment... Maybe that guy isn't on the roster.

I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment with a Skinner, Eichel and Sheary line to see what that does.  However, I think it's pretty obvious that first line as it is already has some chemistry.  I am in no way disappointed with Sheary being on the top line.

I have to say Skinner has left me underwhelmed, but I do have to recognize he's playing with a total noob (but is a good match, I think) and an old guy who really isn't a good match.

17 hours ago, inkman said:

I'd like to see him and Tage sent down with Nylander and CJ Smith in their place. You lose a center but you gain speed and a more offensive dynamic. Lines could be:

43-9-23

53-10-92

49-71-10

81-28-29

I think that a lot more well rounded than anything we've seen so far

What, you're going to double shift Berglund?

11 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

What, you're going to double shift Berglund?

Ha the winger was supposed to be -Oh-Po-so

11 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It would be nice to start getting some production out of Skinner, KO and/or Mitts.

I still think he should be in the A getting top line minutes. I hope they aren't Grigorenkoing Casey. 

Edited by inkman

59 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ha the winger was supposed to be -Oh-Po-so

I still think he should be in the A getting top line minutes. I hope they aren't Grigorenkoing Casey. 

Good news is Mitts is on another level of prospect than Grigorenko ever was. The fact that Girgs was once viewed by some as our savior is just downright depressing 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.