GDT Colorado Avs vs Buffalo Sabres 10-11-2018 at 7pm

jsb

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Sorry if I'm wrong but ROR isn't on the team anymore, he didn't get fired, he got upgraded.

You're not understanding.  Both ROR and Larsson were here last year.  Larsson has had the same amount of "chances" that ROR had per your analogy.

As you noted, ROR isn't here.  Why is Larsson?  Why does he get more "chances" to prove himself valuable than ROR?

Edited by ...

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Sports can be amazing. I was going to ask which goalie you think will get the 56, but obviously you mean Hutton. Contrast with the conventional wisdom just after last season, when the thought was that Ullmark would get something like 60 games and they'd need a solid veteran backup for the rest. I wouldn't rule that out entirely based on Hutton's very impressive start. But clearly it's more than that. There's a reason he got the starting job. (I wasn't paying attention in preseason, so I don't know if that was Ullmark disappointing or Hutton being lights out or some combination.)

Convenstional wisdom among fans, you mean. That probably says enough. 

Anyone listen to Rob Ray's game-day segment with Schopp & Bulldog just now on WGR-550?

His game day segments and reminiscences contained therein are some of the best stuff you will find in the world of hockey.  I just love them to death.  You never know what funny or incredible story he is going to tell.  

Today he mentioned practicing with the Sabres in the old Montreal Forum after the building had been officially closed down pursuant to the move to the new building.

Seats were missing, panes of glass were replaced with plywood, etc., b/c they had been auctioned off as keepsakes.

Rob said he went into the Montreal locker room and grabbed like 3 of the black and white heads of Montreal players in the Montreal HOF hanging on the wall, along with their name tags below.  That is fantastic.  He said he would go home and try to dig them up.

This is what he's talking about below.  I guess he has 3 of those heads and nameplates. LOL! 

dffe5f81d45d398db948f2566471d640.jpg

Edited by Kruppstahl

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Anyone listen to Rob Ray's game-day segment with Schopp & Bulldog just now on WGR-550?

His game day segments and reminiscences contained therein are some of the best stuff you will find in the world of hockey.  I just love them to death.  You never know what funny or incredible story he is going to tell.  

Today he mentioned practicing with the Sabres in the old Montreal forum after the building had been officially closed down pursuant to the move to the new building.

Seats were missing, panes of glass were replaced with plywood, etc., b/c they had been auctioned off as keepsakes.

Rob said he went into the Montreal locker room and grabbed like 3 of the black and white heads of Montreal players in the Montreal HOF hanging on the wall, along with their name tags below.  That is fantastic.  He said he would go home and try to dig them up.

This is what he's talking about below.  I guess he has 3 of those heads and nameplates. LOL! 

dffe5f81d45d398db948f2566471d640.jpg

That is incredible! I am guessing he's going to be asked by Munreal folks to return them. And he should.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That is incredible! I am guessing he's going to be asked by Munreal folks to return them. And he should.

He mentioned that someone representing the building (staff, security?) was there.  Rob showed him the heads and said "Do you have a problem with this?" And the guy said "I didn't see anything" and so they went into his bag! 

He said the Sabres team at large was grabbing anything they could from the building to keep as personal mementos.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.