GDT Colorado Avs vs Buffalo Sabres 10-11-2018 at 7pm

jsb

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think it makes you a hot head to walk up there and say, "this team was not good enough tonight and we need to improve x and y." 

It doesn't... not every coach is the same either.  You prefer one style, there are other styles out there.  The real question will be is Housley is the style of coach that works for the team. It doesn't matter if he works for the fans.

I'm not saying he is or isn't the answer.  I don't think we know yet.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think it makes you a hot head to walk up there and say, "this team was not good enough tonight and we need to improve x and y." 

I don’t disagree with this statement at all, but I don’t think PH is a guy that won’t ever say anything to the media.  He is coach speak 101. However what he says in practice maybe another matter.

All I’m saying is that we have no idea what this team will become as this season progresses.  I expected this season to be a bit of a roller coaster especially early and that is what we are getting.  We can’t over reacted to 2 bad games when we have already seen 2 good games. If we were 0-4 and we didn’t show up all 4 nights, then I’d understand the anger.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Spin zone time

Some pretty interesting charts (look where Eichel, Thompson, and Mitts are, and look where MacKinnon and Landeskog are)

http://hockeyviz.com/game/2018020046/byPlayer

And we out shot them, with arguably better chanc

http://hockeyviz.com/game/2018020046es

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/col-vs-buf/2018/10/11/2018020046#game=2018020046,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

40 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think I've found the problem - what these guys say in their interviews has no correlation to what gets said and done behind closed doors. These guys need to concoct something to say after 82 games. It's not something deep and penetrating from their soul, giving profound insight into how they operate. It's filler, junk. it gets even worse if they're a bad team, because an awful lot of losses come an those are always harder to talk about. That's why I haven't sat to listen to a post game interview for at least 6 years. 

Context clues have indicated that Phil is quite hard on these guys after losses like this. He just doesn't rip into them in front of the microphones, because if you look at the coaches that do that nowadays, they're all dumba$$ hot heads that suck and get fired in short order. 

Brian Duff tried to provide the same cover to Eichel after the game when the captain said they weren't ready to play. Duff said it's just a cliche and has no meaning. Except... Okposo in the News today said he saw the whole thing coming in practice on Wednesday and he regretted not saying something.

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Brian Duff tried to provide the same cover to Eichel after the game when the captain said they weren't ready to play. Duff said it's just a cliche and has no meaning. Except... Okposo in the News today said he saw the whole thing coming in practice on Wednesday and he regretted not saying something.

Can you provide the Okposo quote from the news? I assume it was the one from the postgame last night. 

39 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Spin zone time

Some pretty interesting charts (look where Eichel, Thompson, and Mitts are, and look where MacKinnon and Landeskog are)

http://hockeyviz.com/game/2018020046/byPlayer

And we out shot them, with arguably better chanc

http://hockeyviz.com/game/2018020046es

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/col-vs-buf/2018/10/11/2018020046#game=2018020046,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

The same score effects that worked against us when we were winning games

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Was only the PK not ready to play? Because that's where the train went off the rails. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Was only the PK not ready to play? Because that's where the train went off the rails. 

Well that and.... what?  0-for-7 on the PP?  You score on two of those and you're still in the game late and not opening up so much (and allowing breaks the other way).

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have no idea how to read that, but I know it's epic 

So the initial head shave was positive creating some early leads but as the team realized it was really annoying and became more of a schtick with head shave, goatee and the finger pointing scoring fast start motivation fell apart to the point where it effected practices the day before a game when the Sabres knew he was going to be there... Good enough analysis?

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So the initial head shave was positive creating some early leads but as the team realized it was really annoying and became more of a schtick with head shave, goatee and the finger pointing scoring fast start motivation fell apart to the point where it effected practices the day before a game when the Sabres knew he was going to be there... Good enough analysis?

Yes. It's a classic "sailboat" pattern with all that that obviously implies. I am surprised someone of Randall's intellect could not discern it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/11/2018 at 7:24 PM, Thorny said:

Oh jeeze. It's not that bad people. We are leading in shots. I swear the GDTs are heaven and hell this year. 

I can only speak for myself; however, you seem to have the pulse of those of us that frequent the GDTs.

I can only speculate on what you have in mind but, I'll venture out and guess that you may be referring to a disturbance in the force surrounding the Sabres Nation on game day.

Please allow me a possible explanation, 19 years of losing, and no playoff hockey.

I'll be the first to raise my hand in shame and admit I've given in to the dark side, and that a regular dose of losing; in some cases, in the worst possible ways has had an accumulative effect on my overall attitude and responses.

So, you're right "it's not that bad", and I appreciate the reminder to recognize the good things and to make an effort to be more positive.

Please be patient, just remember what the faithful Sabres Nation has been through over the years; it may take some of us a little more time to readjust our line of thinking and begin to believe in this team again.

I really like the changes that management has made and I look forward to the new season.

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.