GDT Colorado Avs vs Buffalo Sabres 10-11-2018 at 7pm

jsb

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We have two lines running at what you'd want from that line in the NHL (1st, 4th) so far, and Skinner basically alone on one of the middle ones. We need to jumpstart those other lines so that they're scoring when everyone else is hitting posts and having goals called back. 

The score doesn't phase me, you give up breakaways when the game is out of reach and you're trying to claw back within it. Total meh. This loss doesn't feel deflating in the same way that the early ones did last year. They weren't clicking or playing well, and weren't getting bounces at the same time. It happens. Go dominate the Yotes, please. This road stretch will set the tone for the season. 

Intellectually I understand this and agree with you, but man, I'm dreading this road trip.  

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Intellectually I understand this and agree with you, but man, I'm dreading this road trip.  

It's always a daunting one, but while bad everywhere, the Sabres seem to relax and play more naturally when they aren't at home, over the last few years. They had 8 more points on the road than at home last season

On a more positive note, Eichel played well and Dahlin already looks like a defensive stalwart.

My 2 favorite plays by Dahlin were the one where he harassed MacKinnon at the line and broke up that play and in the 3rd when he outplayed Landeskog and MacKinnon for the puck .

Even his assist was just a very heady pinch 

Colorado had a gold horseshoe up their *** 

I don't feel we deserved to win by any means but 6-1 wasn't indicative of the game as a whole. It was more of a 4-2 or 5-3 game but we didn't get any bounces and they got opportune ones.

I can't blame Scandella for the 4th goal, the ref skates in front of his pass, blocks it and then effectively kicks it into open space where the Colorado guy was just about there. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

What is missing from the fans is what JBott sees and hears. He is probably the only one on a position to have enough info to lay blame on PH or the players. 

What also is missing from the fans is these posts (like the one to which you responded) after the two games before this one.

Be careful before blaming/firing the coach.  Last time we had a great coach, that strategy didn't work out so well.  I'm not saying Housley is great, by any means, but if you think firing him is a sinecure, well, how many coaches in five years again?

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What also is missing from the fans is these posts (like the one to which you responded) after the two games before this one.

Be careful before blaming/firing the coach.  Last time we had a great coach, that strategy didn't work out so well.  I'm not saying Housley is great, by any means, but if you think firing him is a sinecure, well, how many coaches in five years again?

JB  May be a first time general manager, but Phil is not the first head coach he has been around. He will know BS if and when he sees it.  He will know if it is lack of talent or poor coaching. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SDS said:

JB  May be a first time general manager, but Phil is not the first head coach he has been around. He will know BS if and when he sees it.  He will know if it is lack of talent or poor coaching. 

He'll also know that the team is 2-2.  It's ok.  The sky doesn't fall after every loss.

The upcoming road trip will tell us a thing or two.

• Like (+1) 1

I went for the second time this year..LOL..0-2 when I go, and I left early once again. One thing that is becoming oh so ever clear to me is Kyle Okposo has no business on the powerplay or the top 2 lines. He is never in a position to receive a pass and shoot, he is always fumbling with the puck off a pass to make a shot. He is pathetic on the point and  I have no idea why Phyliss has him on the point or for that matter the powerplay. Which brings me to my next point. Can we please stop signing these veteran free agents for gigantic contracs only to watch them suck the life out of the team after they sign up. ENOUGH ALREADY. Make a trade, but stop this ridiculousness..

• Like (+1) 1

In his post-game comments, Eichel says "we probably weren't ready to start the game."

That sort of Scheisse has to end.  Why the F not?  

This was your fourth game of the year, Jack.  Have you and your teammates lost interest already?  

And if Housley can't fix that, find someone who can, Botterill, and do it sooner than later please.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jacque Richard said:

Housley won’t make it.

I concur. Another bad start, (with essentially, a different lineup) The road trip will determine what this team is truly made of. Starting with Arizona. They smoke that one you'll have your answer. Play well on it and get some team bonding going and maybe, just maybe, there is a sign of promise. Tonight's effort disappointed me. Hutton actually saved it from being a complete washout. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

2 minutes in the box for you sir.  

Only caught the last part of the third... didn't look too bad till the breakaways, but what the heck happened in the first?  Read a couple of analysis, and agree on Okposo... 0-7 on the powerplay... also little concerned about Hutton's glove side... that being said it is one game... put Skinner with Casey and Tage and let them fly.  Use Berglund, KO and whomever Larrson or Ellie on that line and put them both on the bench when Sobtka comes back.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

And the legend of Toronto grows, Mathews, Tavares, as Buffalo continues to look like a puppy lost in the woods.

Serious question: can we either 1. Agree to table all the unproductive keening over the Laffs or 2. Dedicate a thread for it so those of us not wishing to bash our heads against that wall can avoid it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.