GDT Colorado Avs vs Buffalo Sabres 10-11-2018 at 7pm

jsb

image.jpeg.3f5685f8f6e0443e2f40b78a2f290381.jpeg   VS   Image result for BUFFALO SABRES logo

At KeyBank Center Buffalo

TV Coverage: MSG

Radio Coverage: WGR 550 am

Espn Game Preview:  http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044365

MSN Preview: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/colorado-avalanche-at-buffalo-sabres/game-center/sp-id-60401000002055501w

The Sabres are trying for their 3rd victory in a row at home against the Avs

LETS GO BUFFALO

Please keep all comments toward GDT and please no acne jokes allowed. Sword comments are at the discretion of poster.

Edited by jsb

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah it sucks 

It looks like a logo that a low budget, skid row movie that couldn't get the NHL licensing would use. And all the hockey scenes would be wrong, and there would be a lame cameo from Jonathan Cheechoo or some crap.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ... said:

I guess we don't know the lines, yet, but we do know Bogo won't be playing.  Curious to know if Larsson is playing and who might sit if he is.

I also wonder if Ullmark will get to start at home before their trip.

They've had 2 days off between games & Huttonis playing lights out.  Unless he comes down w/ the flu this afternoon, really can't see him sitting.

Haven't heard that Larsson is off IR yet.  Hope not.  

I'm hoping we continue the momentum tonight. The Rags and Knights both have negative Goal Differentials, but the AVs are currently at +3.

They are 2-1, and both wins are at home. They are coming off a 5-2 loss in Columbus on Tuesday, so they will probably be looking to bounce back tonight.

While I want to see Ullmark get some time in the net soon, I feel like Hutton is playing too well to play Ullmark before the Back to Back November 16th/17th.

I'm actually kind of bummed that I won't be able to catch this one (imagine saying that last few years). Picking up some friends from the airport after my volleyball league - so all you heathens root extra hard to make up for it.

With the way Hutton has been playing, no way you sit him tonight. Save Ullmark for a game on the WC road trip - Kings Sat/Ducks Sun.

Also - don't mess with the lines, especially the Eichel/Rhino/Sheary line and give the Skinner line a few more chances given the expected GF/60 from the fancy stats.

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

While it can vary wildly from even to the #1 getting over 70 games, would expect them to split ~56/26 with the bulk of Ullmark's games coming during b-t-b nights.

Sports can be amazing. I was going to ask which goalie you think will get the 56, but obviously you mean Hutton. Contrast with the conventional wisdom just after last season, when the thought was that Ullmark would get something like 60 games and they'd need a solid veteran backup for the rest. I wouldn't rule that out entirely based on Hutton's very impressive start. But clearly it's more than that. There's a reason he got the starting job. (I wasn't paying attention in preseason, so I don't know if that was Ullmark disappointing or Hutton being lights out or some combination.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.