The Insomnia Thread

Eleven

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm up at all hours.  Retirement messed up my sleep patterns.  I'm usually up from 1am till about 6am.  Sleep till noon.  Maybe take a pregame nap (got to be fresh for the games).  Since I've got nothing to do and all day to do it, it's not really been a problem.

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I can’t believe I missed out on this show for the first 28 years of my life 

Key episodes (my favorites):  The one where they play the poker game in house, the one where Norm has to fire people, and the one where Carla assaults the Yankee fan.

Or anything else involving Coach.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Key episodes (my favorites):  The one where they play the poker game in house, the one where Norm has to fire people, and the one where Carla assaults the Yankee fan.

The squeaky shoes episode and the episode where Cliff is given a shocker for impulse control.

42 minutes ago, Weave said:

The squeaky shoes episode and the episode where Cliff is given a shocker for impulse control.

Are these Kirstie Alley eps?  Because I don't remember them and I also don't watch Kirstie Alley eps.

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

The poker game with the grifter is one of my favorite episodes yet. So many shows have followed that format for an episode it’s unbelievable. It took me one season to realize its one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. I’m about halfway through season four now and while it’s slowed down, it’s still of exceptional quality. 

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Religious ceremony? You need maybe 4 hours sleep for those.

And you can be hung over.

Need more than that, and no, I can't be. I'm a mess when hungover, which is why I don't get there anymore.  Sux.

I think I may try to find a documentary on the Ted Sator years.  That may help with sleep.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:10 PM, Weave said:

Some other strong ones not yet mentioned: The Postman's Ball episode where Carla convinces Cliff to sing "Misty," Cliff going on Jeopardy, Sammy's "I on Sports," & Rebecca going to the clinic to stop smoking.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:31 PM, #freejame said:

The poker game with the grifter is one of my favorite episodes yet. So many shows have followed that format for an episode it’s unbelievable. It took me one season to realize its one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. I’m about halfway through season four now and while it’s slowed down, it’s still of exceptional quality. 

The Dianne episodes are the best, but the early Rebecca episodes and the final season are also really strong.  There was a real lull in quality ~ season 9 but the last season was great.  Woody running for office and the crew taking Cliff's mom's car to the Drive In were great.

SOOOOO many great episodes. 

On 4/11/2020 at 9:31 PM, #freejame said:

That is the best episode.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.