McCabe-Dahlin
Beaulieu-Nelson
Tennyson-Bogosian 

@WGR550
#Sabres lines:

Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Berglund-Okposo
Elie (Sobotka)-Mittelstadt-Thompson
Girgensons-Rodrigues (Larsson)-Pominville.

Larsson and Sobotka are back at practice again for Buffalo

Edited by WildCard

Well, the roster limit is 23, so once Bogo, Larsson and Sobotka are all healthy, someone has to get waived, innit?

I guess we'll see whether anyone gets hurt between now and the time when Bogo is ready to play.

I think Zemgus has looked solid on the 4th line and the PK, but I am not interested in having both him and Larsson in the lineup under pretty much any circumstance.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, the roster limit is 23, so once Bogo, Larsson and Sobotka are all healthy, someone has to get waived, innit?

I guess we'll see whether anyone gets hurt between now and the time when Bogo is ready to play.

I think Zemgus has looked solid on the 4th line and the PK, but I am not interested in having both him and Larsson in the lineup under pretty much any circumstance.

Or sent down or traded.

Don't really want to see anyone sent down even if it might be needed for development reasons. Would rather see a trade. Larry for 20oz beer cups?

5 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I have to think (and hope) Larsson getting hurt is the only reason he didn’t get waived out of camp.  Zemgus has been fine in a role he’s suited for,  I like the new guy.  Sorry Johan... 

Agreed. He's never going to be the guy were thinking and/or hoping he'd become. But he's a useful 4th liner who can chip in on the PK.

Larsson can be a serviceable forward on the 4th line but he doesnt bring the energy that Elie has. Elie brings more energy & is more disruptive on the ice than Larsson is.

He's more experienced for sure, but like others have said, Elie has more upside. He's like a Kaleta but with more offensive skill imo

I thought Elie was pretty bad against Vegas after looking pretty good against NYR.

It can be argued that Larsson was a bottom 3 regular forward in the entire NHL last year, though, so it's an interesting discussion to have when we have that potential information for one player but nothing of note for the other player 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I thought Elie was pretty bad against Vegas after looking pretty good against NYR.

It can be argued that Larsson was a bottom 3 regular forward in the entire NHL last year, though, so it's an interesting discussion to have when we have that potential information for one player but nothing of note for the other player 

I can't seem to find it but I remember someone commenting that people on the Stars boards were pretty upset at losing Elie to waivers.

The difference between him and Larsson is that no one will miss Larry.

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Larsson had 4 goals and 17 points in 82 games last season, and was a minus 30.

Can Elie do better?  Or Sobotka? 

You can't break up Erod's line.  

Girgensons had 7g/15pts/-12 last year which is not much better. He seems to be playing better though.

The problem  is that you never really know what you're going to get from one year to the next. We can only speculate and hope we make the right decisions roster wise. This applies to all players and not just Z and Larry. Some are more consistent than others but still you never know.

I agree that line should not be dismantled at this time.

The issue I have w/ Larsson is that in the past when he hasn't played C, he has sulked and played horridly. So, putting him in for Elie will be a disaster (he'll stink & Dallas will get Elie back if they want him).

I don't want to bump Rodrigues out of the 4C role at least until Pominville hits the proverbial wall.  And can't justify giving him 3C minutes at Mittelstadt's expense & ahead of E-Rod.

Larry may be better this year due to his arm being presumably fully healed (or might not), but I'd risk sending him down now when all other teams have in their recent memories of him are the flawed player that was the 31st place team's 4C.

If Sobotka is healthy, nobody has to go down.  If Bogosian is healthy, nobody has to go down but Tennyson likely would when Larsson is healthy.  If Larsson is healthy, either Bogo goes to IR or somebody goes down.  Ideally Larry goes down 'cause though Thompson & Mittelstadt would probably be better served in the A; really don't believe either has earned a demotion.

I often think Girgensons looks good and I've rarely questioned his effort.  The problem is he just doesn't produce.  He's had plenty of consistent playing time in the NHL so the question has been answered.   He should be better than the player he was after the 2015 season and built up on it - but he isn't. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.