Sabres snap what might have been the longest consecutive sub .500 stretch in sports history

matter2003

Sabres have finally done it! Unsure how many games exactly it was but I believe it stretched back at least 4 seasons...it was a topic of conversation on Schopp and the Bulldog last year at some point since the Sabres have been so bad and particularly bad to start the seasons they never even got to 1-0 or 2-1...

Edited by matter2003
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

I understand that bouncy ball isn’t a “real” sport, but the thread title just says “sports history.” It is still considered a sport, just like golf is for some reason. 

Golf is really really hard that's why 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I understand that bouncy ball isn’t a “real” sport, but the thread title just says “sports history.” It is still considered a sport, just like golf is for some reason. 

I should have clarified the 4 major sport leagues in the US....the Generals are not an NBA team

Edited by matter2003

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Golf is really really hard that's why 

I dont consider Golf a sport...its a game of skill. To me to qualify as a sport there has to be some type of physical interaction with the opposing player or team. Golf has no such interaction...now if you had to stand on the green and dodge tee shots of your opponent then maybe...

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I dont consider Golf a sport...its a game of skill. To me to qualify as a sport there has to be some type of physical interaction with the opposing player or team. Golf has no such interaction...now if you had to stand on the green and dodge tee shots of your opponent then maybe...

Ton of hand eye coordination and body control at the highest percision. I definitely consider golf a sport

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I can,only hope you're being sarcastic. 

I’m with matter on this one. Golf isn’t a real sport. Just because it is “really really hard” or “takes skill” isn’t enough of a qualification. 

Building a space shuttle is really really hard. Getting over the loss of a loved one is really really hard. Neither qualifies as a sport. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m with matter on this one. Golf isn’t a real sport. Just because it is “really really hard” or “takes skill” isn’t enough of a qualification. 

Building a space shuttle is really really hard. Getting over the loss of a loved one is really really hard. Neither qualifies as a sport. 

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Ton of hand eye coordination and body control at the highest percision. I definitely consider golf a sport

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So javelin tossing & pole vaulting aren't sports?

I haven't felt so many warm fuzzies about the Sabres in a LONG time -  it's especially incredible after the gawd-awful season opener - I expected another season of 'suffering'.  

I don't know what lit the fire in this team between the 1st and 2nd game,  but it was an amazing bounce-back!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.