GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

jsb

31 minutes ago, holzinger'sgone said:

Day off here and grateful for such. . . trying to be reasonably productive around the homefront 'til the puck drops.

Killer weather here = last days of Indian Summer

go Sabres

See now, I think it's too early for Indian Summer. It was summer just last week. Or a couple of weeks ago. I dunno, I stopped carving a scratch for each passing day a while back. Also, some old-timers will tell you it has to have snowed once before it can be Indian Summer. That is, not every year has an Indian Summer.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

See now, I think it's too early for Indian Summer. It was summer just last week. Or a couple of weeks ago. I dunno, I stopped carving a scratch for each passing day a while back. Also, some old-timers will tell you it has to have snowed once before it can be Indian Summer. That is, not every year has an Indian Summer.

Close.  There needs to be a frost before it can be Indian Summer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I love it at 3.  Gives me a chance to get a lot of stuff done before the game.

Also, Nevada will be happy to learn that it has a coast now.

Now imagine, just for a moment, how much more you could get done before the game with an extra 4 hours. Which would also have the happy side effect of allowing more people to watch it.

8 minutes ago, N S said:

Close.  It has to be a 'hard frost'.  We have already had 'patchy / light frost' here.

And, I do not like that term.

It's actually Native American Summer you are referring to. 

Indian Summer are the warm days that occur after first eating Chicken Vindaloo, or Palak Paneer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Game is going on the DVR; will be enjoyed later this evening at a more normal time for hockey; I hate afternoon games and always have.

As an added bonus, the tape-delay route also allows eliminating all pre-game BS, both intermissions, and all commercials! Can't beat that with a stick.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Skinner would be a much better choice on Mittlestadt’s Wing than Elie 

Depends.  Does HCPH see Mitts's line as a shutdown line or a scoring line?  I think there's some sense to putting him into a situation where he doesn't feel too pressured to score and just let it come naturally, than to give him all the best wingers and have him doubt himself if the line doesn't put up big numbers.  I think eventually you're right, but I'm fine with the status quo for the moment.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Win this thing and let's grab our first above-.500 record since January 2013(second game of the lockout season).

Dear god this franchise sucks. Please end that now

Aaaaaaaaaand I have to peace out for now since I won't get to watch for a few hours. Go Sabres!!

I hear ya.  I'm retired and my only passion is to watch the Bills and Sabres.  I know I'm pressing my luck after yesterdays win, but what can I do ??  Drop the puck already!

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Win this thing and let's grab our first above-.500 record since January 2013(second game of the lockout season).

Dear god this franchise sucks. Please end that now

Aaaaaaaaaand I have to peace out for now since I won't get to watch for a few hours. Go Sabres!!

I'll be a jerk and correct you. They were 2-1 after three games. And lost the fourth game. And away they went.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.