GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

jsb

53 minutes ago, Sakman said:

Is the audience kids off school for Columbus Day perhaps, focus on in-person attendance rather than TV? Just guessing, that seems to strategic and forward looking for Sabres administration. 

I think this is right.

I also appreciate that they're starting at 3:00 rather than 1:00 -- like last season, IIRC, and several before that? I bet the players like a 3:00 pm start better too.

OTOH, the Saturday matinees upcoming are 1:00 pm starts.

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I love it at 3.  Gives me a chance to get a lot of stuff done before the game.

Yep.

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Pedant.  

What did the Pendant say to the Pin? "Come at me, Brooch."

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Pretty early but there's my SS word of the day; every day someone uses some term on here I have to google. Eventually I'll be able to string together a series of coherent thoughts. I hope

Reading old books helps with this too. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Canadian Thanksgiving so 12 pm start time is perfect. This'll be a good test. Hopefully our tender doesn't have to win this one for us. 

GO SABRES !

This is correct.  The Sabres and the NHL are giving a gift to their Canadian fans.

That said, you got the timing all wrong, man.  It's a 4 PM start, which is OK, but not perfect.  I would prefer 2 PM, Mr. B.

It's Kids Day at the rink.  It's absolutely because kids have off from school and many parents have to take these days off as well (or they are paying for daycare).

I had today off anyway, so I'll be watching.

Can't wait to see how they come out today... gotta hope for progression.

11 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Reading old books helps with this too. ?

Off on a tangent, but.... I heard someone say that when you hear someone mispronounce one of those $5 words, bear in mind that they probably learned the word by reading and never heard it said out loud.

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

My guess is Hutton will have to play really well for us to win. 

Yup. Not just that - the defense needs to step it up -  we certainly cannot allow a top-shelf team like Vegas to bang 40+ shots on goal, as the Rangers did, and hope to win, no matter who is in the net. 

Edited by Jsixspd

9 minutes ago, N S said:

This is correct.  The Sabres and the NHL are giving a gift to their Canadian fans.

That said, you got the timing all wrong, man.  It's a 4 PM start, which is OK, but not perfect.  I would prefer 2 PM, Mr. B.

What ? Mmmm. Thanks for the info mr.

Just now, N S said:

LOL!!

The Mr. B in my post was not Mr. Buns, but Mr. Bettman.

Game time is 4 PM (ADT), my good man, which is all that matters.

Ahhh. Gotcha. The thread title is what threw me off. For a minute there I thought my calculator was faulty.

1 hour ago, jsb said:

The last time we had a winning record was 1-24-2013. We were 2-0 to start the season then lost the next 4 games. We haven't had a winning record since. I believe we are at 375 games and counting. 

Actually, it would’ve been 1/25/13. They were 2-1 going into a game against the Canes. 

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Call me the p-word, but like Eleven I strongly feel we need a consistent format for the GDT title.

It's usually

GDT: Buffalo @ Anaheim: 7:00pm EDT, 3-1-2018

Still, credit to jsb for starting the threads. I've been slacking 

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, rekim said:

i am going to do my best to not check the scores because i dont like watching the games when i know the scores for some reason. i use the nhl.tv to watch the games, so i can start the game from the beginning when i get home. i am glad it starts early, but i wish it wasnt 3pm. 

Same. I'll probably be able to watch around 5pm central time

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Call me the p-word, but like Eleven I strongly feel we need a consistent format for the GDT title.

Well if you're going to quote Eleven, he also wanted the TV and Radio coverage included as well as GDT, so I added that and the Doo and others complained about the logo, so I changed that. Tough crowd, tough crowd and if @WildCard would get off his lazy butt and start doing the GDTs again ??, I wouldn't be getting all these complaints. Maybe if the Mods can add a Biotch Club, all you biotches can congregate there ?☠️?

18 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Actually, it would’ve been 1/25/13. They were 2-1 going into a game against the Canes. 

Technically the last full day of them having a winning record was 1-24-13, tough crowd, tough crowd again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.