GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

jsb

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Mock? Sleaze? I just think some of you are taking this too far. No one's bullying little kids about their physical appearance here. The original comment about Dahlin needing to see the team dermatologist is on the mild side and could be defended as an objective statement or even an expression of concern. There's an old expression I can't quite nail down, but it's something along the lines of "if you see something everywhere you see it nowhere." Is there no room for good-natured joking? I guess I'd have to hear from a poster with skin problems who was hurt by the comment(s) to believe that it's really a thing.

Hurt might be a strong word... it bothers me yes. It bothers me, not so much directly, but that we continue to act in such ways about things like this.  IC has clarified his position as well on this.  And I did post about it... 

Nothing. But we're obsessed with these guys. All aspects. Bob Boughner's big nose made it into the Billy Joel song parody I did. Rick used to call Donald Audette The French Gorilla because he was so hairy. Uh, "sausage"? I don't believe the OP's comment was meant to mock or demean. A lot of overthinking going on here. Did you notice Dahlin's skin? Is it worse to have a thought or articulate it?

My favorite "used to".  Ever go back and watch old Tom & Jerry cartoons?  There are some they don't show anymore and it's pretty obvious why. It's okay to evolve as people. There's a fine line to all of this without a doubt.  

You claim there is a lot of overthinking going on here, it could just as easily be asserted that there is a lot of underthinking going on here as well. Either way, you can still be you.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

My favorite "used to".  Ever go back and watch old Tom & Jerry cartoons?  There are some they don't show anymore and it's pretty obvious why. It's okay to evolve as people. There's a fine line to all of this without a doubt.  

You claim there is a lot of overthinking going on here, it could just as easily be asserted that there is a lot of underthinking going on here as well. Either way, you can still be you.

Overthinking: you seem to be asserting that Rick would never use the term in 2018 because we're better than that now. He would avoid it out of fear of offending whom or what? The French? Gorillas? Hairy men?

I can still be me? Who's that? The leader of the insult cause? The champion of the "be a " movement? Interesting language, coming from someone so brimming with positivity and civility! I never said anything about Dahlin's skin.

On that note, I watched the BBG on Dahlin and his skin didn't even look that bad. He's hardly a grotesque figure who needs to be protected. Maybe he's not even self-conscious about it. He kind of looks... 18.

• Like (+1) 1

Overthinking: you seem to be asserting that Rick would never use the term in 2018 because we're better than that now. He would avoid it out of fear of offending whom or what? The French? Gorillas? Hairy men?

I can still be me? Who's that? The leader of the insult cause? The champion of the "be a " movement? Interesting language, coming from someone so brimming with positivity and civility! I never said anything about Dahlin's skin.

On that note, I watched the BBG on Dahlin and his skin didn't even look that bad. He's hardly a grotesque figure who needs to be protected. Maybe he's not even self-conscious about it. He kind of looks... 18.

You can be you.  Whoever you want to be... that is all.  There's nothing more to it.  You are beginning to now go into your attack everything mode and just look for any word you can jostle around to try and further whatever agenda you have on your mind. (see the bolded above). I've no idea what you are even getting at with that and it comes across as just trying to fabricate some kind of attack on me.

I know you never said anything about Dahlin's skin, I said that in my first response to you.  It's helpful if you remember that rather than bringing it up again in a misguided attempt to justify your indignation.

You'll note that Dahlin's skin has looked good at the draft as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's had make-up applied because he's on camera.  Even more interesting, in these situations, is that in person I bet it's not as obvious either.  However, many digital cameras (video, etc.) have algorithms that over-sharpen images.  This accentuates the problem so that when viewing through a camera it's likely more obvious. This happens to me as well.  I have scarring on my jaw line from it and on camera it is far more noticeable than in person.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, LTS said:

You can be you.  Whoever you want to be... that is all.  There's nothing more to it.  You are beginning to now go into your attack everything mode and just look for any word you can jostle around to try and further whatever agenda you have on your mind. (see the bolded above). I've no idea what you are even getting at with that and it comes across as just trying to fabricate some kind of attack on me.

I know you never said anything about Dahlin's skin, I said that in my first response to you.  It's helpful if you remember that rather than bringing it up again in a misguided attempt to justify your indignation.

You'll note that Dahlin's skin has looked good at the draft as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's had make-up applied because he's on camera.  Even more interesting, in these situations, is that in person I bet it's not as obvious either.  However, many digital cameras (video, etc.) have algorithms that over-sharpen images.  This accentuates the problem so that when viewing through a camera it's likely more obvious. This happens to me as well.  I have scarring on my jaw line from it and on camera it is far more noticeable than in person.

It appears that the new language filter removes the offending word altogether, creating confusion.

You're a nice guy and a good poster, but you're not the most civil or positive person, just like the rest of us. Stop lecturing people about it and tooting your own horn and I'll let it rest. Otherwise I think you deserve the response you just got in another thread. I'd really love to join the politics discussion, but this is the reason why I won't participate.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It appears that the new language filter removes the offending word altogether, creating confusion.

You're a nice guy and a good poster, but you're not the most civil or positive person, just like the rest of us. Stop lecturing people about it and tooting your own horn and I'll let it rest. Otherwise I think you deserve the response you just got in another thread. I'd really love to join the politics discussion, but this is the reason why I won't participate.

This is your second straight response that chooses to ignore things I have said in my prior posts. You never acknowledge when you get called out, you just ignore it and move your agenda train along its tracks. 

Have a great day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.