GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

jsb

5 minutes ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

I mean, I'm grateful for Jack's 2 goals, the first of which was probably but a game changer, but I just don't think he'll ever be an elite player. /s

Well he is going to be 22 in a couple of weeks.  Way past his prime!

I think I need another layer of tinfoil.

28 minutes ago, WildCard said:

67 shots attempted for Vegas, 35 for Buffalo

Wow but the Sabres played responsibly not giving up the odd man rush, and they had quality chances. Sam was looking deadly, I thought he should of had two goals himself. He paid the price to get those chances, looking good.

Skinner, ERod, Sheary, what a difference. Guys were anticipating plays and picking pucks off.

This is going to be an exciting season if this is the norm.

Let's Go Buffalo!

By the way I'm not suggesting that the shot attempts be so lopsided going forward. They played a good team.

Edited by hockeyhound

Missed the 2nd and 3rd but watched the score as my wife and I drove around looking at fixer upper houses. Glad they won.  The fact that they were rolling 3-4 lines and most of Vagues shots were from the outside in the first was a good sign.  Hopefully Sabres can keep scoring and Berglund sure is a solid add.

Edited by North Buffalo

I would also like to point out who may be the unsung hero and good luck charm of this early season winning streak is the GDT starter who is now 2-0 in back to back GDTs even with some posters not liking his titles or logo's. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO GDT man. 2 AND 0 as the GDT starter WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO. Yes I am taking full credit for this unbelievable start. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I can't post game stats? 

uhh...

58 minutes ago, WildCard said:

67 shots attempted for Vegas, 35 for Buffalo

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

True, and I'm enjoying myself. I just can't fully without being able to reconcile that these aren't flukes, and to me shots and scoring chances show some sustainable success. I

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Outshot 14-5 in that period. Shots for is very bad and shots against is still very bad. 

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Still, we should be getting more shots on at least. 5 isn't good no matter how you cut it 

let it go ?

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I still want Mittelstadt and Berglund switched

When Mittelstadt starts looking like a true top 9 NHLer you will likely get your wish.  Probably (hopefully?) in January.

Until then, he isn't ready for the ice time those wingers will get.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I'd bump the 4th goal scorer.  No idea what Housley will do.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Thompson will be send down I think.  Zemgus played himself on to the team.

If Sobotka comes back Thursday, I doubt Housley sits Pommers after he just got a goal. 

I also doubt Tage is getting sent down anytime soon...just a hunch. 

11 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

If Sobotka comes back Thursday, I doubt Housley sits Pommers after he just got a goal. 

I also doubt Tage is getting sent down anytime soon...just a hunch. 

Well it's most likely Sobotka stays in the pressbox, a victim of if it's working don't change it.  But that isn't a lock considering the usage Sobotka got Thursday.

Especially considering how many games Pominville was on the top line last year, it is doubtful he sits.  But I'd rather have Sobotka's FO ability & PK work than Pominville in the lineup.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Dahlin is paired with Beaulieu

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Dahlin does this thing where he's on his toes with his stick really far in front, leaning forward a lot, when backskating. Really wish he'd stop that 

Because of the PK maybe? He's had a rough game tho

Correct.  Because of the PK.

1st PK pair: Scandella Ristolainen

2nd PK pair: McCabe Nelson

Follow that w/ the other 2 then Risto Marco, then back to normal.

And in the last 5 minutes, Beaulieu only got 1 short shift with Dahlin, Dahlin got 1 with Nathan & then 1 w/ McCabe & Nelson got most of McCabe's spelling of Ristolainen & Scandella.  Which makes sense.  Keep Beaulieu away from crunch time & limit Dahlin's (for now).

Edited by Taro T
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.