GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

jsb

Just now, sabills said:

Thompson was close there. Some nice passing to set him up.

This is what I regret not being able to watch.  I think Thompson has a ton of potential we haven't seen in the regular season.

2 minutes ago, sabills said:

I was wrong, it was Berglund. But Tage had some nifty moves earlier.

Shhh...don't ruin it for me.  I'm feeling good at the end of the day at work on a Monday.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

It seems like the fans have been giving them a ton of noise and credit the last two games which is exactly what’s needed. I have no problem with the booing in the first game with how bad they were but then you’ve got to give the team noise when they bounce back quickly and give you what you want.

Great start. Need to get back to pressuring them since Vegas dominated the latter portion of that period.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Outshot 14-5 in that period. Shots for is very bad and shots against is still very bad. 

This is one I’m going to take a look at the scoreboard and feel good about. Vegas had very few good chances. Peppered some shots Hutton handled with ease. Sabres had two very long shifts in their own zone that gave Vegas a good chance to inflate that state in both directions.

Just now, Hoss said:

This is one I’m going to take a look at the scoreboard and feel good about. Vegas had very few good chances. Peppered some shots Hutton handled with ease. Sabres had two very long shifts in their own zone that gave Vegas a good chance to inflate that state in both directions.

I'm interested in checking the advanced stats later on. I'd like to know which lines/pairs are getting shelled, cause I have a feeling 1 or 2 combinations are dragging the rest down

Still, we should be getting more shots on at least. 5 isn't good no matter how you cut it 

Then again, fck it and enjoy the win

Just now, WildCard said:

I'm interested in checking the advanced stats later on. I'd like to know which lines/pairs are getting shelled, cause I have a feeling 1 or 2 combinations are dragging the rest down

Still, we should be getting more shots on at least. 5 isn't good no matter how you cut it 

Then again, fck it and enjoy the win

There’s still a whole period left (and when we trailed Vegas 4-1 last year we ended up sending the game to OT so it’s definitely not over) but sometimes there’s driving a good time into the ground by overthinking it and taking stats... too literally?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Scoring chances 12-10 for Vegas overall. That's pretty good. Supports Hoss' idea that Vegas taking bad shots but a lot of them; which is exactly what we did all last year 

Vegas IS taking bad shots. Haven't had a lot of dangerous chances. And the ones they have, Hutton has been good.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.