GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

jsb

Of all the things you can do with captain+Jack Eichel, Rick's call is "Captain, my captain"? So stale. That's the one thing about Rick's decline that is so curious to me. How he got so boring. Absolutely nothing original with goal calls or player names for years now.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Of all the things you can do with captain+Jack Eichel, Rick's call is "Captain, my captain"? So stale. That's the one thing about Rick's decline that is so curious to me. How he got so boring. Absolutely nothing original with goal calls or player names for years now.

Mean he's had no inspiration since 2007

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yup. He's done like dinner. He had one shift early in game 1 where he looked like he was rested and quick. Since then he has looked dead. Super dead. Zombie dead.

Yup - only got to watch a few minutes of the 1st period, but he looks bad - got pushed around - and then he passed it across ice to center ice - where there was no one to take it - and turned it over to Vegas.   It gave me not so found recollection of the Captain Creampuff days..... jeez!!!

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

A goal on great shot but frankly I don't think he's stood out so far this season. Not doubting ability.

Don't want to argue, so imagine this being asked with a smile and a pat on the back, but, what would you like him to do he hasn't done yet?

8 minutes ago, Iron Crotch said:

Yeah, if we're going with youth and speed then Pommer isn't a great fit as a 3rd / 4th liner.

Pommer will be gone soon enough.  Kyle speaking between periods is more of a concern.  I'm hoping he can "find another gear" this year and keep up.

That would help a lot.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah, those old guy cancer survivors and hippies really pi$$ me off.

Just now, ... said:

Don't want to argue, so imagine this being asked with a smile and a pat on the back, but, what would you like him to do he hasn't done yet?

Stand out offensively. He hasn't played bad but don't think he's stood out either. I think he's better than he's shown and I'm confident we'll see him standout more than he has. May be just me but he isn't generating plays the way he can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.