Acquire Nylander?

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Is there anyway we could be in on this ? lets say we give him 8mill.
What do we need to do? 

Cap space atm is: $4,965,476

Trade Ristolainen/Larsson and a 2nd 2019 (?)

We won't be in on this one.   But directly with the leafs we would have to overpay more.

I think if we do get him it will be via a 3rd team.

13 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Buffalo to Carolina- Sam Reinhart.    Buffalo to Toronto- 2019 1st rd pick.

Carolina to Toronto- Justin Faulk.

Toronto to Buffalo- William Nylander.

(Toronto gets a defenseman and 1st rd pick for a player who is holding out and that they can't afford.)

Buffalo can't afford him right now either, and shifting Reinhart doesn't make enough room.  There is a less than 0% chance W. Nylander ends up here.  Just from a salary cap perspective it's unworkable.  

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Buffalo can't afford him right now either, and shifting Reinhart doesn't make enough room.  There is a less than 0% chance W. Nylander ends up here.  Just from a salary cap perspective it's unworkable.  

Yea and Toronto wants a defender if they trade him. I doubt Risto alone gets it done. I suppose you could trade Risto Toronto and then trade someone else later for a defender but again, it is highly unlikely. 

1 minute ago, N S said:

I would not make that trade, even if the $ and cap worked.  I want to keep all the picks, not to mention Samson.

Nylander is better than Reinhart. I wish that weren't the case but sadly it is true. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.