Acquire Nylander?

GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What would we need to do to get the older Nylander?

Obviously we'd need a Western team to acquire him and then send him back to us.  What would you be willing to do to make this happen?  How much would you pay him?

Two first round picks, 8.5 x 8

2 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

He makes $894k this year, of which Sabres only have to pay for game after the trade (presumably near the deadline = 21 games/82  x $894K ~ $229k).

He currently makes $0 as he is not under contract / RFA holdout.  He'd need to be signed for this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Also if Michael Nylander is as involved in contract discussions as reported, I doubt  he allows William anywhere near the Sabres Organization, after what Alex went thru his first year off the ice in Rochester. Although he might feel differently about Botterill. 

It is my understanding that he wanted Alex in Rochester.  

Also, at this point, they’ll sign wherever someone is willing to cough up the dough.  

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Yep, and with Matthews Play of late, getting him to agree to McDavid’s AAV  might be a chore.

Matthews is fortunate though that he has Tavares eating up all those tough minutes and playing the PP with him. I think Matthews may think he's on McDavid's level but he isn't. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Matthews is fortunate though that he has Tavares eating up all those tough minutes and playing the PP with him. I think Matthews may think he's on McDavid's level but he isn't. 

Completely agree that McDavid is on another level, but McDavid left Money on the table by his own admission and if Pi is correct, Matthews will refuse to do the same.

And Nylander is certainly holding out. The Leafs are as close to cap hell as you can get. Nylander signing for anything over 6mil basically screws them and he is probably worth 7mil or more. If Matthews wants 13 instead of 11, that hurts too. I can't figure out yet how they will pay everyone but it appears they are trying to browbeat Nylander into taking less. 

I'd guess right now that the leafs are at about 78mil next year after you sign Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Kapanien. That's 9 forwards and 4 defenders under contract. You need probably 5 forwards and 4 defenders added in to the team. You also need 1 gt, that gives you 24 players (ik rosters are 23 but usually there's an extra guy you need to account for money wise for callups and such). Signing 9 players with 4-5mil is not possible. Someone has to give but they do have time to figure it out. 

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's had Tavares for a total of 3 games, and drew the Toews line last night anyway. And managed to have the 3rd highest goals-per-game in the league over the course of his teenage seasons without Johnny T. He's fortunate that he's an outstanding hockey player 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

He's had Tavares for a total of 3 games, and drew the Toews line last night anyway. And managed to have the 3rd highest goals-per-game in the league over the course of his teenage seasons without Johnny T. He's fortunate that he's an outstanding hockey player 

You're entitled to your opinion. I think matthews is an outstanding player. 

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It is my understanding that he wanted Alex in Rochester.  

Also, at this point, they’ll sign wherever someone is willing to cough up the dough.  

Or in The SHL, he did not want to go back to Juniors. 

At the GM Meetings in Boca Raton Nylander’s Rookie Season, the Swedish Hockey Federation gave a presentation on why its important to allow Swedish Players to develop in their homeland as early results were showing success. 

Those in the room felt the presentation was in part about Alex Nylander and what was occurring in Rochester. This included GMTM who was less than eloquent in making his opinion on the matter known. 

I bet Botterill would have sent Alex back to Sweden. He left Davidsson there and he is probably ready for Rochester. I agree with the Swedes, it is better for the players because they learn how to be a pro and don't need to deal with all that other stuff like learning how to live over here away from everything they know. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.