I registered @KBCConcessions

SDS

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Apparently, getting sued for an online review is a thing. Source: google.

Well, sure. I suspect that people do get sued for unfavourable online reviews. People get sued for all sorts of things, after all.

I'm not a first amendment lawyer, but, for starters, there are differing standards for matters of private concern and matters of public concern or even criticisms of public figures.

In any case, and without looking into it, I'll guess that online reviewers get sued when the object of the criticism thinks that the reviewer has said something factually untrue. (E.g., "Don't go to this doctor -- she tried to treat my broken ankle with nothing more than an ace bandage!" when the doctor's notes reflect that the patient was prescribed a casting up to the knee)

Because simply saying something to the effect of "the wait in line took forever, the hot dog tasted like refried a.ss and was overpriced to boot" is in the nature of opinion. No one's getting sued for an opinion.

But if someone were to say "I went to the Lexus Club after the 1st period and saw them swapping out the top sirloin with chuck roast" and that statement were false, well, then, maybe that reviewer would have some answering to do.

As a practical matter: Can you even imagine PSE or Delaware North chasing down people on Twitter or message boards for harsh reviews? NFW.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Here's hoping that the service and quality is improved from the first few games.

I got a couple beers and some fries. Beer lines were short and went fast. Fries took about 15minutes if you include waiting in line. They seemed to be getting things out quickly although the guy in front of us had to ask a 2nd time for his chicken fingers which were sitting in a fryer basket. No doom and gloom report on concessions. Granted the 300 level was not 100% full at all. The corners were basically empty. 

2 hours ago, LTS said:

The guy who runs LetsGoAmerks posted that Delaware North is giving Amerks season ticket holders a $15 gift card as an apology for screwing up.

They sent all of us season ticket members an email with an apology and the gift card offer. The apology was rather underwhelming. IMO they expected to run the BCA like all the rest of their venues and vastly underestimated the devotion(and the accompanying expectations that walk abreast) of the Amerks faithful. They’ve promised to expand the selections offered in the future. 

It’s funny that beers were $10.75 Friday night and $9 Saturday night. They were cold Saturday as well.

My wife’s unofficial estimate of attendance Wednesday night was about 900. Yikes. Time to pull the head out of the ass.

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

They sent all of us season ticket members an email with an apology and the gift card offer. The apology was rather underwhelming. IMO they expected to run the BCA like all the rest of their venues and vastly underestimated the devotion(and the accompanying expectations that walk abreast) of the Amerks faithful. They’ve promised to expand the selections offered in the future. 

It’s funny that beers were $10.75 Friday night and $9 Saturday night. They were cold Saturday as well.

My wife’s unofficial estimate of attendance Wednesday night was about 900. Yikes. Time to pull the head out of the ass.

No one's making money with 900 people in the seats.

This is just all opinion, but BCA is suffering from similar afflictions as KBC. The in-game experience isn’t the lively adventure that it was in the 90s. My family was season ticket holders to Amerks games when I was growing up. It was always lively in there, there was always giveaways and promotions. It was always fun, and the team was generally competitive. 

I’d go more often today if tix for lowers weren’t...what...$26 each? That’s $78 for a family of 3, for one night out. Not counting everyone wanting food and drinks. When there’s no giveaways, promotions, and a dead atmosphere...not an ideal way to spend that money. Just to see an AHL team that hasn’t traditionally performed well since the 90’s. 

Not sure how profits are divided, but lesser ticket prices generally lead to people spending more on concessions and merchandise, having a better experience, and wanting to go to more games. Which, I’d assume, improve the attendance and atmosphere. The players are making the same salaries whether there’s 900 or 9,000 in attendance.

The Pegulas have shown a lack of creativity and innovation when it comes to these game experiences. You can have a crappy team and still give fans a great experience with a little thought, care, and ingenuity. 

On 10/12/2018 at 4:43 PM, inkman said:

It's been that way for years. Maybe since the end of the 90s

I always felt there was more... not a lot more mind you, but at least closer to 1500-2000... you would certainly know better than I would though since I don't go that often.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:09 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

This is just all opinion, but BCA is suffering from similar afflictions as KBC. The in-game experience isn’t the lively adventure that it was in the 90s. My family was season ticket holders to Amerks games when I was growing up. It was always lively in there, there was always giveaways and promotions. It was always fun, and the team was generally competitive. 

I’d go more often today if tix for lowers weren’t...what...$26 each? That’s $78 for a family of 3, for one night out. Not counting everyone wanting food and drinks. When there’s no giveaways, promotions, and a dead atmosphere...not an ideal way to spend that money. Just to see an AHL team that hasn’t traditionally performed well since the 90’s. 

Not sure how profits are divided, but lesser ticket prices generally lead to people spending more on concessions and merchandise, having a better experience, and wanting to go to more games. Which, I’d assume, improve the attendance and atmosphere. The players are making the same salaries whether there’s 900 or 9,000 in attendance.

The Pegulas have shown a lack of creativity and innovation when it comes to these game experiences. You can have a crappy team and still give fans a great experience with a little thought, care, and ingenuity. 

I agree with a lot of this.  One thing I also thought of while typing a reply is that these days people have their kids enrolled in 50 different activities such that the time to go to a game isn't even there.  Couple that with everything you said and the rare free night usually doesn't result in an Amerks game being an option in the decision tree.

I don't doubt there are a lot of other factors impacting the Amerks attendance.  The area sucks, people are moving further away and traveling downtown is a pain in the butt and the city went and got greedier by extending the parking meter hours.  The list goes on...

A lot of it does start with being relevant however. They have to be a good team, otherwise it's a lot of fluff and hype over a mediocre product at best.

They have the blimp drop and the free pizza for your row and Sabretooth throwing t-shirts once a game....and the 2nd intermission Rinko (Plinko look-a-like)....and... *sad trombone*

Yeah the fan experience could be better. I was there for the home opener, the t-shirts were nice but the atmosphere quickly died. Yes we sucked that day but the comment the other day along the lines of "buzzing so loud I might have to use the bathroom" about the Vegas arena made me think; I haven't heard of a Sabres or Amerks atmosphere that hyped since well probably since the Aud closed in '96 (I might concede the post-lockout years, but still that's over a decade).

The only concessions thing I noticed was every time someone wanted to pay with a cellphone tap (Like Apple or Samsung Pay) the line would grind to a halt. They needed to call a manager swipe a special card then scan the phone. The Pizza and General Concessions stands near section 314 were constantly 5-6 people deep and 15 minute wait. The bathrooms were moving quicker that day. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.