Lehner: Isles are "like being part of a real team"

WildCard

Just now, darksabre said:

It's true tho.

yeah?

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

wow what?

strong words

I get it.  Lehner wasn't great for team morale, and went through some serious personal issues... but calling the guy an A-hole?   hmmm.

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

yeah?

strong words

I get it.  Lehner wasn't great for team morale, and went through some serious personal issues... but calling the guy an A-hole?   hmmm.

Jesus what world are we living in where calling someone an as$hole is strong words? I didn't disparage his mental health in any way and haven't even posted in that thread. 

Look, Lehner needed a change of scenery as much as the Sabres needed a new goalie.

The Sabres are better off than they were with him.  And, as he is apparently finally getting help with overcoming his demons.  I am glad he is gone & don't wish him anymore ill will than any other Aisles goalie.

It's a darn shame that Murray viewed building a roster like stocking a racing stable.  Had he viewed these guys as humans rather than robots the Sabres could be at least 2 years ahead in their rebuild. 

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Jesus what world are we living in where calling someone an as$hole is strong words? I didn't disparage his mental health in any way and haven't even posted in that thread. 

I think it is.  Whatever.  It makes it sound like he did something to you personally..... did he?   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why is Lehner an a$$hole? I can understand the negative impact that his horrible experience would have on a locker room, but I also can't connect that to him being an a$$hole.. 

Remember when he tried to brown nose the owners by endorsing Trump even though he's not a US citizen? 

That's something an a**hole would do.

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Remember when he tried to brown nose the owners by endorsing Trump even though he's not a US citizen? 

Everything he did, all the little stuff. Every stupid comment to the media, the crazy eyes and antagonizing people on the ice, constantly calling out the team and his teammates publicly. I just don't like him, at all

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Brown-nosing the owners? I thought he just liked Trump. There's a fairly sizable chunk of the Swedish population that shares similar beliefs to Trump supporters in America, so is there anything that suggests he isn't just one of those? 

Either way, neither of those things constitutes proof of being an a$$hole IMO

Edited by Randall Flagg

Just now, WildCard said:

Everything he did, all the little stuff. Every stupid comment to the media, the crazy eyes and antagonizing people on the ice, constantly calling out the team and his teammates publicly. I just don't like him, at all

I didn't like him either, but that doesn't make him a hole between the cheeks.  

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

This, however, is an argument that could be convincing, though I just don't remember enough details about comments he's made in this regard to be sure off the top of my head.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, erickompositör72 said:

Which is odd... wonder why he thinks he should be part of a real team when he's not a real goalie...

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Because he's where he belongs....a back-up and not playing much.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Neo said:

There are many things we can all say.  I’ll limit “me” to three ..

1). If there’s a trade I could have back ....

2). His shootout save percentage is going to approach 70 ...

3). Twitter is a sign of the coming apocalypse...

Just one thought comes to mind...……..

21st over all, in a deep draft class, for 1 goalie who could not stop a breakaway or shootout puck to help "The Team"!

Sometimes irony comes in the form of a backup goalie dressed as a starter playing like an AHL backup while speaking like an ECHL throw away with a bitter taste in his mouth...…..

16 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

His whole: "You guys aren't playing the system and none of this has anything to do with my propensity to chuck at least one in my own net every night!" routine.  Also something an A-hole would do.

It's also something a person who is in denial about his mental state would do.  Accepting it was his poor play would mean he had to begin to accept his feelings as real and not something he could just drink away.

I wouldn't call him an a-hole for that.  Now, if he continues the trend after cleaning up his act... then tag him and bag him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.