Lehner: Isles are "like being part of a real team"

WildCard

@AGrossNewsday
Robin Lehner says he understands fully why he hasn’t played yet for #Isles. Says he has full respect for Barry Trotz, Mitch Korn and coaching staff. Says he’s still working on some things in his game. Says being with Isles now “like being part of a real team.”

Fck this guy

• Like (+1) 1

There are many things we can all say.  I’ll limit “me” to three ..

1). If there’s a trade I could have back ....

2). His shootout save percentage is going to approach 70 ...

3). Twitter is a sign of the coming apocalypse...

• Like (+1) 1

Lehner is performing his best work for Buffalo yet -  being GONE!     This big loser was a mistake to add to the roster from Day 1, seemingly couldn't stop a breakaway or one on one shot to save his life, was frequently injured, never seemed able to make the big or clutch save,  and seemed to contribute more than his deserved share of locker room drama.  

WildCard said it best - "Fck this guy"  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Skibum said:

Perhaps folks are reading a little more into this than is necessary? A little context would be helpful. Just because Mr. Lehner thinks the Isles are a real team, does not mean he is throwing shade on the Sabres. But if he was, could you blame him?

Given what we know of his play on the ice and his behavior off it (giving an allowance for certian issues subsequently revealed), and the support he was, by his own admission, given by the team even after he was as good as gone...are you kidding me?  Yes.  F**k him directly in the ear.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

?

He's had shutouts here too, no?

I'm honestly stunned at how much this board has been clinging to single-game-results and drawing such large conclusions from them

He may not have been the right goaltender for that team at that time, but you can see the talent is there.   

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He may not have been the right goaltender for that team at that time, but you can see the talent is there.   

Sure he has talent, he's in the NHL. He also has 0 consistency, is a bad locker room guy, and is kinda an as$hole

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.