GDT NY Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres at KBC 7pm ET MSG TV and WGR 550 AM

jsb

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

The shot block or whatever it was that made him take a maintenance day at the end of the preseason? Something's tweaked...  he's not shown off either his burst nor his shot yet this season.

Had to be the shot block. Unless it hit him where he's been ailing?

38 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No.  It's a good rule.

38 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I could be wrong but I believe that's a rule for safety reasons. Don't want people to be swinging sticks in the air by heads and such?

35 minutes ago, Jsixspd said:

Agreed - don't want players swinging sticks like tennis rackets - would greatly increase risk of serious injuries.  

While I agree with all of you, players are doing it reactionally in these situations anyways. There was no intent to injure. 

The NFL has lightened their rules which have allowed more scoring (under the guise of player safety). The fans like scoring.

if you have the skills to score a goal like Tage did, and were not out to take someone’s head off, maybe they should consider allowing those goals. Just throwing it out there. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Not good enough. Hutton bailed us out. Disappointed second effort. Cool they won but not good enough. 

Yeah, if it wasn't for Hutton, this is a 5-2 or 6-2 game.    They still look the same they have for the past 3-5 years.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I thought we looked better against Boston.

I can't agree with this.  Tonight they played with more urgency and grit than they did against Boston.  And with regards Hutton, that's what a goalie is for.  Some games the goalie wins.  I don't see a problem with that happening in game 2 of the season.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Missed pass

The "attainable pass" rule has been gone for awhile.

In watching it again, though, now I'm confused. The linesman didn't blow the whistle when the Ranger got to the dot. He seemed to be hedging his bets until the puck was about to cross the line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.