PSE: Fan Experience 2018-2019

bob_sauve28

My experience was extremely limited, but negative. It took nearly 20 minutes to get drinks at The Aud Club bar. There were 2 bartenders staffing the area where 4 were needed. And one of the bartenders looked like he’d been called on to pinch hit.

Maybe this is what a low unemployment rate gets you?

19 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

For $30/hr at McD’s, I’d have your fries looking just like the pictures. 

Oh man, this brings back memories of having a food photographer as a roommate... the things they do to make the photo look appetizing... 

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

My experience was extremely limited, but negative. It took nearly 20 minutes to get drinks at The Aud Club bar. There were 2 bartenders staffing the area where 4 were needed. And one of the bartenders looked like he’d been called on to pinch hit.

Maybe this is what a low unemployment rate gets you?

Actually, not a bad thought. We talk about the effect the low unemployment rate is having on our industry (staffing/recruiting) at work a lot. Def. scraping the bottom of a barrel sometimes.

But I think there's probably more to it than that. With bartenders, if they're anything like most of the ones I know, they're working several gigs and sidegigs and trying to keep them from overlapping too much. 

ANyways, not to get too serious, back to the gross food stories!! 

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Wait a minute. They don’t have a liquor license???

It's possible they have a beer and wine license but the liquor license isn't completed?

I don't know.  Their statement would be something that could be expected if they had never done this before.  But that's their core competency ... no excuses.

6 minutes ago, LTS said:

It's possible they have a beer and wine license but the liquor license isn't completed?

I don't know.  Their statement would be something that could be expected if they had never done this before.  But that's their core competency ... no excuses.

I used to run a bar/music venue...the standard license was all-encompassing for beer, wine and liquor. When they lost their liquor license, we couldn’t sell anything with alcohol. Maybe rules are different for a venue of their capacity? 

Last I knew, the beer and wine licenses were for extremely small places and for off-site type of events. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I used to run a bar/music venue...the standard license was all-encompassing for beer, wine and liquor. When they lost their liquor license, we couldn’t sell anything with alcohol. Maybe rules are different for a venue of their capacity? 

Last I knew, the beer and wine licenses were for extremely small places and for off-site type of events. 

https://www.sla.ny.gov/definition-of-license-classes

It appears there are many more classifications.  There's even a Ball Park Beer license.  Didn't know that!

I know Tap & Mallet, a normal bar, only has a Restaurant Wine license.  If you have a liquor license you can sell beer & wine as well but there is a lower license for not selling liquor.

11 hours ago, inkman said:

"Signs on the doors show the arena doesn't have its liquor license yet."  

Ok, this is getting serious now...

In my day, we'd take the bus from the lake up to the War Memorial for $1.  Pay $2 for a corner seat, catch the Lake bus back at Four Corners, where the February winds whipped something awful.  We had a buck left to get a dog and a pop at the game.  For $5, we saw great hockey with Dick Gamble, Red Armstrong and and Don Cherry on the ice.

End of rant.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:05 AM, Eleven said:

You promised us you were going to elucidate after game 2.  So...?

Well...

1) I got there about 6:30.. Went to get a Beef on Weck (tradition)

2) waited in line as they fumbled with the beef, they literally where pulling it out of the back room, placing it into a tub of hot plate gravy, then having to wait 2-3 more minutes for it to heat up, which it wasn't.

3) after more than half an hour we finally get up to the front of the line and order.

4) finally served, missed the player intro's and anthems, and had a un-warm beef on weck and chips that where about a half inch in size.

5) none of the proclaimed "fast lanes" where open on my level

6) got a pretzel that was hard as a freaking rock

7) Sabresbucks cards weren't working

? I'm certain there's more I'll remember in a bit

Again at other stadiums especially the baseball ones I have been to there are multiple vendors from different sources.  Maybe have them pay Del North a fee, but contract these things out to local vendors... say Duffs, Gabriels Gate, Bob and Johns Lahacienda... you get the point but imo the food quality will increase and fan satisfaction will be a non event. 

• 3 weeks later...

The video folks did a clever parody of Stranger Things using clips from the game. So it was pulled together at the last minute under pressure. The cuts and effects were well done (Pommers' image was mirrored to give the effect of the upside down, for example). Props.

I've been hard on the arena experience (though not nearly as hard as others). I was thinking last night that the game presentation is quite acceptable. Other than tweaking the organist's playlist and letting the fans get in the game (program in some "quiet" breaks?) and never cutting off a growing LGB chant, I'm not sure what else they can do.

As for the rest of the arena experience, it's fine. It's an easy building to get in and out of. The Sabres Store is something that would have dazzled BoyPA. No huge complaints. I don't stand in line for beer, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The video folks did a clever parody of Stranger Things using clips from the game. So it was pulled together at the last minute under pressure. The cuts and effects were well done (Pommers' image was mirrored to give the effect of the upside down, for example). Props.

I've been hard on the arena experience (though not nearly as hard as others). I was thinking last night that the game presentation is quite acceptable. Other than tweaking the organist's playlist and letting the fans get in the game (program in some "quiet" breaks?) and never cutting off a growing LGB chant, I'm not sure what else they can do.

As for the rest of the arena experience, it's fine. It's an easy building to get in and out of. The Sabres Store is something that would have dazzled BoyPA. No huge complaints. I don't stand in line for beer, so there's that.

The lines for Gin Rickeys and Mamie Taylor's are considerably shorter. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/11/2018 at 11:35 AM, LTS said:

https://www.sla.ny.gov/definition-of-license-classes

It appears there are many more classifications.  There's even a Ball Park Beer license.  Didn't know that!

I know Tap & Mallet, a normal bar, only has a Restaurant Wine license.  If you have a liquor license you can sell beer & wine as well but there is a lower license for not selling liquor.

It's New York State! Don't you know that without Albany laying out 21 different types of licenses to serve alcohol, our society would crumble?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.