Eichel Named Captain

sabills

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I think the team demonstrated against Dallas that Eichel is, in fact, their captain.  Without him on the ice they didn't even look competitive.  Without him, they're nothing.

Sad, but true.

This team is barely hanging on with Jack.  Without him they are completely lost.  Also, I have supported Housley, but imagine what the record might look like if Jack missed considerable time this season.  The coaches are relying way to much on Jack, but it is pretty clear that they have no to little choice in that .

Anyway, the team has improved this season, so let's hope that can be built upon.

49 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sad, but true.

This team is barely hanging on with Jack.  Without him they are completely lost.  Also, I have supported Housley, but imagine what the record might look like if Jack missed considerable time this season.  The coaches are relying way to much on Jack, but it is pretty clear that they have no to little choice in that .

Anyway, the team has improved this season, so let's hope that can be built upon.

He’s young and I get that. So I’m not coming down hard on him.... but as of now, Eichel isn’t all that great of a captain. Yet. 

I think if he learned under a terrific leader for the past 4 years, he would be much better today. Just my O ...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

He’s young and I get that. So I’m not coming down hard on him.... but as of now, Eichel isn’t all that great of a captain. Yet. 

I think if he learned under a terrific leader for the past 4 years, he would be much better today. Just my O ...

I agree completely.  Myself and others, who have been even more vocal about it, have said that good veteran leadership was lacking to mentor Jack, Samson and others.  Gionta was good and Gorges was OK, but they were not enough.

I think Jack will get there, but he has a ways to go yet.  And still, the team looks lost without him.

"Captain" is a leadership term.  What we learned last night is that our talent is rather thin when you remove Eichel from the equation.

I thought Reinhart--at times--was able to carry his line.  Skinner also had several golden scoring opportunities but the puck isn't bouncing right way for him right now.

After that, there's nothing to speak of.

This isn't a team.  It's a collection of a couple excellent hockey players and lots and lots of passengers.

But we already knew that!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.